Thursday, May 2, 2019

IB70 It's Your Pennant Day


Happy Thursday, peeps!  Today's the pre-order period for the new SU catalog..woohoo!  Can't wait to get my hands on some new goodies!  Meanwhile, it's also time for Inspired By!  Here's my card for Laurel's newest challenge:


Some soft, pretty colors!  And here's her prompt:


I went pretty literal, combing through my plethora of 6x6" paper pads until I found some that matched the photo pretty well! I used a SU tree punch to punch out a few, then sponged them for a vintage look, and embellished them with some glimmer and enamel doodads! 


Before adhering them, I scored my Naturals White card front every 7/8" with my scoring tool, then very, very lightly, added some Smoky Slate watercolor to bring out the dimension.  I stamped a little stitched line on which to "hang" my banners, and another stitched circle for my sentiment; I added a tiny enamel star and a Blend-colored heart to finish it off!


I love the sweet pastels in this card...hope you find some inspiration and will share your creation with us at Inspired By too!  Can't wait to see it!

Cassidy helped Mommy make salsa!!



She did a great job....but she didn't like the onions!!!  Running late today---have a wonderful day and be blessed!



5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Perfect papers, perfect pendants! A darling card, AND cook!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a lovely card! Several clever ideas for me to try...scoring the paper and using the tree punch for the pennants! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

You sure did have just the right papers in your stash! This is marvelous LeAnne. Cassidy looks like she's very focused on that tomato!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! Love all those pennants and detail you added! Your little chef is adorable, too! XX

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty pennants and lovely card. A great take on the inspiration photo. Love how you did the background also.