Monday, May 27, 2019

FMS389 Hugs


Happy Monday peeps!  I know it is Memorial Day, and I read somewhere that it's not a "happy" holiday---it should be a somber one, remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice.  So I will just say that I hope you take time today to pay tribute to those who fought for our freedom.  We will be watching another parade today; this time Cassidy will be in it, representing her karate club!

I almost missed posting this card, with the busy weekend we had, so I am getting this in close to the deadline!  The Freshly Made Sketches sketch by Narelle was a nice one, and I needed a quick card for a customer, so I went to this month's beautiful Paper Pumpkin kit and did a little custom tweaking!  Here's the sketch:

And here's my little notecard:


I used sentiments from the PP kit, stamping the "Hugs" in Old Olive and the "dear friend" in Craft white and heat embossing it in white as well, then diecutting it with a Stitched Rectangle die.  I added some Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon as well as some vellum leaves from the In The Woods dies.  I brushed them with some Wink of Stella for extra sheen and added some Blend-colored pearls as well:


For fun, I stamped a feather from the PP set on the back of the envelope too!  This is such a pretty kit, I love it!

That's it for today!  I promised you another picture from the parade on Saturday; I know it's Memorial Day, not Veteran's Day, but this was too poignant not to post:


Be blessed, my friends!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps May Paper Pumpkin
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Powder Pink, Old Olive, Vellum, May Paper Pumpkin Notecard and Envelope
 Ink Old Olive, Craft White, Powder Pink
Accessories Pearls, Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, In The Woods Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies,  Pink Pirouette Blend, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is sweet. Amen to the tee.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Happy Memorial Day!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card Leanne and feminine too! Thanks for posting the photo of the t-shirt. A reminder so many need to see and remember.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love what you've done with this Paper Pumpkin kit! Your card is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! LOVE that paper and your lovely layered die cuts - so pretty with the vellum stems!