Thursday, May 9, 2019

IB71 Big Bold Flower


Happy Thursday, everyone!  Laurel has a pretty inspiration photo for us today at Inspired By; here's my take on it:


And here is her prompt...so pretty!


In hindsight, I wish I hadn't used a Basic Gray card base for my card...it makes the whole creation a bit dark, but it's already in the mail, so hopefully the recipient will enjoy it nonetheless!  I don't have many big flower images, the only one I could find was from Beautiful Day, so I stamped it in Stazon ink on thick white cardstock, added a wee bit of shading with Melon Mambo, and colored the leaves with Shaded Spruce, then cut it out:


I added some diecut florals from Beautiful Bouquets and the matching die, Bouquet Bunch, as well as some greenery from Botanical Tags, then liberally covered it with Wink of Stella!!  I had an extra diecut left, so I added it to my inside sentiment:


And the sketch I used is from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


Thanks for popping in today!  I hope you'll share your lovely floral creations with us at Inspired By this week!

15 minutes in the car, and she's plumb tuckered out!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Day, A Big Thank You, Beautiful Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Impressions DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Melon Mambo
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Bouquet Bunch Dies, Botanical Tags Dies, Stitched Label Dies, Wink of Stella, Aquaapainter, 

13 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Sweet memories! Pretty card too!

I Card Everyone said...

Guess who thinks the gray is perfect? go ahead, guess... and I also adore those little star flowers, LeAnne!!
=]

Wendy said...

I think your card is beautiful with the Basic Gray cardbase! It makes your pretty flowers pop and it definitely looks just like the inspiration photo! Great job, LeAnne! Awww, Miss Cassidy! She must not have been able to keep her peepers open any longer! TFS and have a great day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

So pretty, and, once again, your fussing cutting is wonderful.

Carol L said...

I think the gray is a perfect compliment to the bright pinks! I like all those pretty flowers and tiny stems and especially the embossing that looks so plush! Chuckling at Miss Cassidy - reading all those books must have sent her right into dream world LOL Too cute :)

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love your pretty flower and the color combination is perfectly done! Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you will join us again soon.

Lisa Elton said...

I don't mind the gray at all LeAnne, it looks lovely with the pretty pinks! Isn't it amazing the positions kids can sleep in. We old folks wouldn't be able to move our necks for days after a nap like that!!

Dawn Tidd said...

I like the gray too, it looks great with the pink. And I love the big flowere and am always looking for ways to use them. Great idea and so pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

You nailed the challenges....I love pink and gray! And I love how kids sleep....lol..

Fiona said...

Such a gorgeous rich looking card for both challenges - I do like that embossing folder you used. Thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

Jenny Engelke said...

Fantastic LeAnne! You skillfully mixed stamps and accessories to make this beautiful card that looks just like the inspiration! I absolutely love the embossed panel! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

Stampin by Genny said...

A very pretty card and color combination. I love the embossed quilted background. Such a pretty combo with the flowers. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Creations in paper said...

Love your combination of flower images. That dsp was a great choice. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

Robbie