Wednesday, October 16, 2024

CAS on Sunday 294-Jack & Cat

Happy Wednesday, peeps! The CAS on Sunday challenge this week is Halloween!  I got this howling cat stamp several years ago and always ensure he makes at least one appearance in October!  My card is uber-CAS; just one layer, no embellishments or frou-frou!  Here we go: 


I stamped my cat in Versafine Black ink, then stamped it again on a piece of masking paper and fussy-cut him out.  I laid the masking paper on top of the stamped image, then stenciled a big yellow/orange moon behind him, and finally, colored in his pumpkin:


I added some stamped black stars, some orange "twinkle" and a little "boo" as my sentiment!  I wish I had stamped the image a little lower because it looked top-heavy, so I trimmed off the bottom a bit to even it up, LOL!   Easy peasy and this little kitty is already in the mail!  

 I am also going to add this over at the Double D Challenges where there are looking for a pumpkin!


Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Wishes (twinkle), Jack & Cat (100 Proof Press), Halloween (Recollections), Paper Pumpkin (for the star)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Acetate for Stencil, Masking Paper
 Ink Versafine Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories
Tools     Blending Brush, Pumpkin Pie Marker

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Super fun card, LeAnne! You put alot of work into this one and it paid off with this cool Halloween card! Love the kitty sitting on the pumpkin with the big moon on the back of him! Great CAS card for sure!!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Fab BOO CAS a-licious, LeAnne! I look forward to seeing him, too!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

You have made some of the cutest Halloween cards! This one is just so cute! Love it!

Karen in Florida said...

Too funny! I love cat cards and this cat is adorable. You could have him saying lots of stuff. hahaha!

Lisa Elton said...

No frou-frou needed, it's super cute just the way it is!

Barbara said...

That howling cat gave me a smile on my face. I really liked the spray of dots that trailed down the card. Nice addition. Glad that you shared it with us at Double D Challenge.

Bonnie said...

This cat makes me think of some of the vintage cards! Love how you've used it!