Thursday, October 17, 2024

RRCB241 Farm Fresh Birthday

Happy Thursday, all!  Squeaking this "farm-fresh" birthday card in over at Retro Rubber, where they have a tic-tac-toe board:


I chose the top row across of diecut, twin and patterned paper.  I needed a card for a guy at church; he's the foreman at a large farm and believe it or not, they make cheese!  I found these fun papers in my stash, and I pulled out a couple of Stamp Simply sets from 2023 to make his card (although I think he makes his cheese from sheep--no sheep on this paper!):


First, let me say that the blue gingham panel does not look anything in real life like it does here...way too bright in my photo!  Anyway, I stamped my cows and arrows in Night of Navy on Basic Beige cardstock and diecut them out.  I had a circle already cut in my stash, so I mounted them on the circle, stamping "farm fresh" and a birthday sentiment from Poppy Stamps' Whittle Sayings (also a couple years old):


The gingham stamp is from Papertrey---waaaay old, probably at least 10 years! I stamped it in craft white, then sponged Night of Navy ink on it to tone it down a bit.  And lastly, you can see a tiny bit of Linen Thread I tied around the arrows.  

I love anything country, so this makes me happy and I hope he likes it too!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

 
Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Background Basics: Gingham (Papertrey), Whittle Sayings (Poppy Stamps), Farmhouse Signage (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Beige, Night of Navy, Frontier (Authentique)
 Ink Night of Navy, Craft White, Basic Beige
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Farmhouse Signage Dies (Stamp Simply), Zigzag Circle Die (Sissix)



4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Your paper collection's been let out again! As a farm girl growing up, I can't help but smile at this card. :-)

Anonymous said...

If he is a Country boy he will love it for sure. Very cute

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I hope you have a ton more of this paper! I think it's the cutest thing I've seen ever! What a moooooooo-ving tribute to your cheese-making friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a great card for a guy, especially one that deals with milk!