Saturday, April 27, 2024

You Are My Sunshine

Happy Saturday, peeps! I have a quick card to post before my stampers get here this morning!  It fulfills three challenges: TGIF is looking for a pocket full of posies; As You See It wants to know what  color I use the least is; and CAS on Sunday wants sunshine!


So here we go:


I knew right away I would choose yellow as my least-used color! It's not that I dislike it, I just don't gravitate towards it very often.  And that fit in perfectly with a sunshine theme!  And I admit that when I looked at the TGIF challenge, I missed the "posies" part of it, but perhaps my little image on my tag could be a sunflower?!  The sentiment is from the retired Ridiculously Awesome set, stamped in Daffodil Delight on Lemon Lolly cardstock:


I created a pocket with one of the Timeless Tag dies, stamped a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin on the front and added some yellow embellishments:


I then added a tag to tuck into the pocket, using the same Paper Pumpkin set to stamp the sunshine-shaped flower and added a gingham center.  The sentiment is from a Paper Studio set.


I also embossed the front with the Stitched With Whimsy die for fun.  My friend just went through some surgery, so this is going to her to cheer her up!

Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Ridiculously Awesome (ret), Paper Pumpkin (ret), Everyday Expressions (Paper Studio)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lemon Lolly, Yellow Gingham (ret)
 Ink Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly
Accessories Lemon Lolly Twine, Matte Dots (ret), Dimensional Sheets
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Die, Tailored Tags Dies

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your friend will be better in no time at all if you keep sending your special sunshine-y cards!
LOve that little sunflower with the gingham center!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card, LeAnne! It style would work so well for one of my granddaughters as well. They are my sunshine!
Have a lovely weekend!!! Huggs

Bonnie said...

Bright and sunny, LeAnne! Love that pocket with the sunflower tag!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! ~ Laurel

Patti said...

This could not be more fun and cheerful - I love it!!

Linda Callahan said...

Lemon Lolly is one of my favorite colros! Love this!

Lisa Elton said...

This happy little number is sure to perk your friend right up, it's cute!

Jan Clothier said...

I always had you pegged as something of a sunshine girl, so it was surprising to hear yellow is a colour you don't use much! This has turned out to be a very cheery card - just great for a friend. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It. :-0

Heather Cooper said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I especially love your pocket posy!! So cute! I wouldn't have pegged you as a "yellow" avoider either, but we all have our surprises! Thanks for playing along with As You See It this week.

Deborah Wheeler said...

I love this bright card LeAnne! You may not use yellow very much, but this one definitely brought the sunshine into our gallery! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It