Sunday, November 5, 2023

PP665 Give Thanks

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Anne Marie is our Paper Players hostess today with the timely theme of "Give Thanks":


Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or send out Thanksgiving Day cards, a thank you card is always appropriate!  But I do have some cute Thanksgiving stamps, so that's what I went with!  I also used the sketch and colors from CAS Colours & Sketches:

So here we go:


I stamped the mice in Versafine Black and watercolored them with Gray Granite and Basic Black inks, then stamped and fussy-cut the cheese, coloring it with Hello Honey.  The panels are some green scrapbook paper from my stash and some Cajun Craze plaid from a couple of years ago!  They were diecut with the Stitched Triangle dies, then layered on a Very Vanilla card.


I may go back and give these little mice a little blush on their cheeks, LOL!  I also managed to track down my retired Really Rust ink pad for the sentiment inside!


We all have something for which to be thankful! I hope you'll translate that into a card and share it with us at the Paper Players!  Be sure to check out what the design team created as well!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Papertrey Take Three:Fall, Thankful Mice (Lawn Fawn)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze DSP (ret), Misc green from my stash
 Ink Versafine Black, Gray Granite, Hello Honey (ret), Really Rust (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Triangle Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Aquapainter, Blender Pen

13 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Those are super cute little mice and yes, blush on their cheeks would be perfect! Your watercoloring is so good! I think that sentiment is from Good Greetings...awesome set!

Lisa Elton said...

This little pair is a sweet way to send thanks! Darling card, LeAnne!

Rachel D said...

Oh my goodness, LeAnne are those pilgrim mice? so cuuute! Love your take on our sketch hee hee Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Carol L said...

I see somebody else liked these little mice as much as I did! What a darling little card with that great sketch! I love the triangle die cuts for a fabulous little Thanksgiving card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Ok, LeAnne those little pilgrim mice, steal the show! Such a great layout and perfect for this season! I love it! SMILE! Have a great week, My Friend!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

LeAnne your sweet mice are just adorable and bring the triangles of the CC&S sketch together perfectly. Fabulously CAS!

Patricia Hays said...

I love these darling little mice! :) What an excellent way of interpreting our double challenge at CC&S - thank you so much for sharing your card with us!

I Card Everyone said...

I love it when you feature these Pilgrim mice! They look very grateful for their cheese!
=]

Fran Wing said...

HAHAHAHA!, LeAnne! Pilgrim mice - very cute! Good choice to jump off from the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.
Xoxo, Fran

Linda Callahan said...

Mice are so cute on cards and so not cute when they try to sneak into your pantry in the fall.....

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is adorable and fabulous job getting everything lined up correctly. Mine would have been all wonky! Another fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Ida said...

Well those little Pilgrim mice are just the cutest. Your card is adorable.

Ann Schach said...

Your card is just as cute as can be, LeAnne! I love the triangles...what a great layout! LOVE it! Have a wonderful weekend!