Friday, November 3, 2023

CAS Give Thanks

Happy Friday, everyone!  Brrr, it's cold here in SE PA!  But the sky is blue and the sun is shining so all is well! I had some time this morning to make a quick little Thanksgiving card using the FMS sketch, and I am also entering it at Simply Clean & Simple, where their theme is "thanks".

A while back I purchased some "inexpensive" clear stamps from an online company...they were little and cute, but required a wee bit of TLC to get them to stamp clearly.  I finally had success by running a pencil eraser over each stamp before inking....much better!  So I used three of them to make my Thanksgiving card:


I stamped the images in Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Pecan Pie, and the stitched lines in matching colors.  Each image was diecut with an Ornate Frames die:


The sentiment is from an oldie, Good Greetings:


And the inside is an even older oldie, Falling Leaves:


Another to add to my Thanksgiving stash!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

No snow like some parts of the country, but the view from my front door showed lots of frost this morning....before the sun hit it!  AND lots of leaves waiting to be raked!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Falling Leaves (ret), Good Greetings (ret), Stitched Borders (Close to My Heart), Thanksgiving Image (Peachy Cheap)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pumpkin Pie
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pecan Pie
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Ornate Frames Dies (ret)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute take on the sketch, LeAnne! The lines remind me of barbed wire. They would make a great fence!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! Good Greetings is just a classic stamp set and a keeper! What a gorgeous view in your photograph!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the stitched lines and sweet images! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Timko said...

Just darling! Those delicate lines are perfect with these sweet images. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card LeAnne! I just love those little images and I love those lines - they do look like barbed wire! I love it! I love frosty mornings though I'm thankful our snow has finally almost melted!!! It was a little too much too soon!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Diane said...

Fabulous and creative card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
Diane SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}

Linda Callahan said...

Super sweet for Thanksgiving! ANd I love your morning view!

I Card Everyone said...

Hey, how did this one not make it to my inbox? LeAnne, these little stamps are adorable! You definitely get the award for clever lines from that Sketch!
=]