Thursday, November 30, 2023

Candle Christmas

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I have a card that was definitely a labor of love....but I love the end result, so it was worth it! I don't always have the time to do these types of cards, but it was a "chill" kind of day, so I went with it!  I am using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this week, as well as the FarmQuest Theme challenge of country light:


So here we go:


This card is pretty large, about 4" x 6 5/8", but it will fit in a business envelope or a larger one from my stash!  I diecut and stamped many elements for this card, using an older W+9 stamp called Merry and Bright.  Of course, over the years, I have lost two of the stamps....the flame and the berries, so I had to hand-create them with some markers, and I almost lost another one, but I found it stuck to the bottom of my Stamparatus!  Phew!  Anyway, I used every single of the elements, just sticking them around the candle here and there:



I debated on adding a ribbon and in the end, just opted for some simple twine.  The background DSP is SU's Tiding of Christmas and it's on top of a Real Red mat.  

And speaking of lots of greenery and embellishments, Dana and some of her coworkers attended a wreath-making class at the same winery where her birthday party was held:


A girl after my own heart--she chose a buffalo plaid ribbon and vintage bells for her wreath!  Here they all are....just gorgeous!


And here they are again....can you see their faces peeking out from the openings in the wreath?  CUTE!


They even had a "door" on which to display them:



Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry & Bright (W+9)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Tidings of Christmas DSP (ret)
 Ink Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Garden Green, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Chip (ret), Blackberry Bliss, Soft Succulent (ret), Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Red Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Merry & Bright Dies (W+9), Real Red Marker, Daffodil Delight Marker

11 comments:

Wendy said...

What a pretty Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the colors and all those beautiful stamped images! Love the candle and all the greenery! Dana's wreath is as pretty as your card! I love the black & white buffalo print as well and her choice to use the vintage bells was a perfect addition to the ribbon! You 2 are very talented!!

Carol L said...

I really like this card with all of those combined layered elements that make a wonderful Christmas scene! Dana made a great wreath with her choice of ribbon and jingle bells and everyone else looks like they had fun creating their wreaths too.

I Card Everyone said...

You did a wonderful job of using all of those stamps in the set - well, almost all of them... so pretty, LeAnne.
My sweet girl who lost her parents this year has a wreath making business like this! Dana's is fantastic - and I'll be sharing that door idea with Lynn!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Great card! Good job with all those pieces! I love the girls' wreaths!

Lisa Elton said...

This has a wonderful traditional look to it with all of the greenery and the hurricane globe! Pretty card and my goodness what pretty wreaths those girls made! It brings back memories of my floral design days. That was always my favorite thing to create!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A fabulous card LeAnne - the details were worth it! I think Dana's wreath might have eclipsed you though - how fabulous!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

WOW and Wow!--for your card and the wreath making group! Your stamp and die set with those great traditional Christmas/winter season nature elements were put to wonderful use on your card! Just perfect for FarmQuest's #41 theme! Thanks for participating! Thanks for including the photos too! Cute group and fun festive wreaths and pics!! :) --Becca

Dena J said...

Gorgeous crisp red, white and green on your card! Beautiful arrangement of your elements, LeAnne. Such fun to make wreaths and they are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is lovely! And those gals made gorgeous wreaths!

Brandi said...

I love this, all the greenery with the candle, so festive and so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

NanaConnie said...

LeAnne, What a fabulous card! Love how you used that sketch and your warm, country colors are marvelous. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge this time and we hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT