Sunday, May 1, 2022

PP589 Bee Better Soon

Hi peeps!  Happy May Day! And happy Sunday, which means a new Paper Players challenge!  Jaydee is our hostess today and she has a theme that is near and dear to both of our hearts:

Oh dear, which should I choose?  I love both my birds and my bees, but the bees won out this week! I pulled out a couple of stamps I've had for a long while to make my "bee better soon" card:


Since I used the FMS sketch:


I began looking for some appropriate papers; once I found them, I diecut them with a Reverse Confetti stitched strip die.  I also stamped a grungy honeycomb background from MFT along the right side in Sahara Sand:


I stamped a couple of bumblebees and a sentiment from two sets by Darcie's Heart & Home, coloring and fussy-cutting the bees, and stamping the sentiment on a tag and embellishing it with some Bumblebee ribbon:


This will be going to a gentleman at church who fell and is recuperating at a rehab center!  

So, which will you choose?  Birds, bees or both?!  I hope you'll check out what the DT created at the Paper Players blog, then share your creations with us as well!  Can't wait to see them!  Thanks for visiting today!

I don't have any current bee photographs, but this one is from a couple of summers ago....I am looking forward to warmer temps and pretty sunflowers embellished by bees!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps BEEutiful, Day is Sweet (both by Darcie's Heart & Home, Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Stella & Rose Mabel DSP (My Mind's Eye), Genuine DSP (Authentique), Farm Sweet Farm DSP (Prima)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Memento Black
Accessories Bumblebee Ribbon, Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Stitched Strip Dies (Reverse Confetti), Daffodil Delight Blends

16 comments:

mary said...

You are the fussy cutting queen! How on earth do you do that so well?!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm positive your card will cheer your parish member up, LeAnne! It's positively bee-u-tiful!
=]

Vickie said...

So PERFECT LeAnne…love this…and great for a male.

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, what a cute card! Love the honeycomb touch. And that sentiment is perfect! Have a great week!

laurie said...

I chose bees also!

I love how you stamped the honeycomb...such a great idea. Those paper you chose work perfectly too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your vintage bee card LeAnne, complete with punny sentiment. Fabulous!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card LeAnne! I love the vintage look and I love the adorable little bee! So sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

You friend will bee so happy to receive this, is fantastic!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous mix of those patterns, the sweet little bees and the grungey background! LOVE the sentiment!

Karren said...

Oh this is fabulous, LeAnne! All the elements work together perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love how you brought all of these elements together so beautifully. A gorgeous card.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! The grungy honeycomb stamp is wonderful, and adds so much interest to the card base. The Confetti strip stitched die is awesome, and works perfectly with this sketch...which I love. I hope your friend heals quickly. I know he will appreciate your thoughtful card.

Christy Lynn said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! You found a great mix of papers for the three big strips on the left and I love the grungy honeycomb stamp on the right. Best wishes to the gentleman as he recuperates!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm so admiring the number fo cards you send out to friends family and church members, LeAnne! This get well card is a beautiful study of nature and textures! I love the bit of honeycomb in the background and the gingham ribbon.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is fabulous! I love that little tag and sentiment! The grungy honeycomb is so perfect for your bee-u-tiful bees! The mix of patterns is perfect! Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love every single detail you added LeAnne! Such a sweet card!