Wednesday, May 25, 2022

TCC176 God Bless America

Hi stamping friends!  Happy Wednesday!  It's time for a new Card Concept challenge where we use various concepts to create our artwork!  One of these days, I'm going to try a new concept...I always seem to gravitate towards the same clean-and-layered style, LOL!  Here's our timely inspiration photo: 

I made a simple card since this week has been a bit of a blur; I chose to use the stars and stripes theme as well as the challenge colors to make my clean and layered patriotic card:


This stamp came out shortly after 9/11 and although I have a few patriotic stamps, this is one of my favorites!  I stamped it in Night of Navy and Real Red and diecut it with the Stylish Shapes dies:


I added some Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper stars and a strip of Balmy Blue glimmer paper on top of  some SU and Tim Holtz papers.  I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I hope you'll find some time to play along with us this week using our inspiration photo!  Be sure to check out what the DT created over at the Card Concept blog; you'll see you don't have to make a patriotic card at all!  Have fun!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps God Bless American (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Heart & Home DSP, Seasonal DSP (Tim Holtz), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (ret), Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Night of Navy, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Mini Treat Bag Dies (ret), Country Star Punch (ret)

7 comments:

Dena J said...

Beautiful card and great use of the sketch, LeAnne. Love those sparkly stars. Thank you for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

Kampin' Karen said...

I love patriotic cards and this one is no exception. Our community has placed flags up and down the community in the medians and at the clubhouse. It's a thing of beauty honoring those who gave their lives to keep us free.

Wendy said...

Love this, LeAnne! I love using that old Stampin Up! stamp every year for patriotic cards! It's perfect and looks amazing on your card, too! I am all decorated for Memorial Day/July 4th, just have to put my flags out in the yard which I will do on Friday. TFS

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous patriotic card! I love the distressed white woodgrain and the wonderful sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
:) Marie
AHSC DT

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love this card! Love that stamp set and the glitter stars are the perfect touch.
Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Anna said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch! I love the wood grain in the middle stripe and the fun stars. Thanks for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and we hope that you join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

Absolutely beautiful card and so perfectly timed with Memorial Day, I love everything about this card! I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca