Thursday, December 17, 2020

IB155 Balloon Celebration

Happy Thursday...again!  My second post for the day, and it's an Inspired By...our last one of 2020!  Such a pretty prompt, too:

And here's our optional sketch:

Those pretty balloons reminded me of a set I just purchased after seeing Michele's (she is my biggest enabler, doncha know?), so I had to get it inky:


I stamped my bunny on some Thick Whisper White cardstock in Stazon ink, then watercolored him in.  The image itself has only one balloon, so I stamped several more and fussy-cut them out, then hand-drew some more strings:


In hindsight, I wish I had colored the balloons more intensely because when I added some Wink of Stella to it, the colors got a little muted....but it's still pretty, I guess!  I mounted the white panel on a card base of Soft Seafoam and stamped a couple sentiments on the inside:


I just love this artist's artwork....and I am hoping maybe Santa will bring me some more this Christmas!  Now, how will you interpret our last Inspired By challenge of the year?  Remember, there's a prize to be won, so squeak in a little stamping time and you may be our winner!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed! 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Birthday Wishing (Colorado Craft Co)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White, So Seafoam
 Ink Stazon Black, Smoky Slate, Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Birthday Wishing Dies (Colorado Craft Co), Aquapainter, Black Marker

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I am SO NOT sorry if I truly was the reason you bought this set!!! It truly is wonderful, and found the perfect home in your hands!
LOve how you've added all the balloons - that little bunny, and maybe the recipient, deserves an armful! The muted colors are perfect for our inspiration!
My only question is WHY DIDN'T I use him??? LOL
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Cute and you know I love that bunny! I like the paleness of the balloons and your added strings are perfect.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This just adorable LeAnne and I'm not surprised this stamp set found its way into your shopping basket - Michele has made some beautiful cards with it. Looking forward to seeing more from you too!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that artist too! This is adorable.....might have to shop....lol

Bonnie said...

What a sweet card and a wonderful balloon bouquet, LeAnne! Your coloring of the rabbit is perfect and I love the pastel colors of the balloons!

Lisa Elton said...

Michele has me wanting this stamp set and now you've double that urge!! Golly this is cute and I think your balloon colors are perfect!