Monday, October 5, 2020

Teeny Tiny Christmas Bird

Happy Monday, all my peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend...it was glorious weather here in SE Pa!  I did get a little stamping time in yesterday; I have been going through a lot of my old, old stamps and have been having fun getting them inky.  My new stamps are getting lonely, though, I am going to have to give them some love here soon!

Anyway, today's card is a Christmas card using an old Elzy Bell stamp; they were around several years ago and I haven't seen anyone use one for a long time!  I used the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


along with the Jingle Belles challenge of "Dashing Through the Snow" and the Christmas 24 challenge of winter birds:

Now, my bird is very, very tiny....but it is there:


I stamped my image with Memento ink on some Shimmery White cardstock and used Blends, a blender pen and inks to color them in:


I added Wink of Stella to all the snowy parts, which of course you can't see, but it's so pretty!  The papers are all from Simple Stories' Winter Wonderland 6x6 pad, and the sentiment is also from Elzy Bells.  I just love the soft colors of the snowflake paper....I wanted to hoard it but forced myself to cut into it, LOL!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Girl with Bird, Merry Christmas (both Elzy Bells, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Winter Wonderland DSP (Simple Stories)
 Ink Memento Black, Bordering Blue, Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Blends, Blender Pen, Wink of Stella

17 comments:

Claire said...

Adorable.
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Wendy said...

Adorable card, LeAnne! I always loved these stamps and have a couple in my stash! Might be time to pull them out and show them some love! Thanks for the reminder! Love your pretty paper as well!

Crafting Queen said...

Such a sweet little bird card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas 24 challenge.

Tracy Grauer said...

This card put a smile on my face. So cute! I love your coloring and choice of colors. Thanks for sharing!

Kampin' Karen said...

Love all the DSP you used. It's a really cute card.

I Card Everyone said...

This could be my favorite Christmas card of the Season, LeAnne!! Where has this little pair of tweeties hiding??? I'm so glad you've used them today - LOve ALL of the dsps you've used today!
=]

Bonnie said...

This bird may be small but he's so festive and adorable singing to his friend! Love this, LeAnne!

Heather said...

So cute, LeAnne - love this simple winter scene with its bright pops of color! Adorable! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Linda Callahan said...

Over the top adorable!

Karen Tenney said...

Thanks for reminding me about my old Elzybelle stamps. I love them and haven't used them in forever (except that my favorite stamp to use on the back of cards are of the face of the Elzybelle girl and at Christmas the Elzybelle girl wearing a Christmas hat. I think I've almost worn those out). Adorable card!

Lisa Elton said...

He might be an itty bitty bird, but this card is BIG on cute! I like your layers too, this is so sweet!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute birdie on the stump with the little girl, LeAnne, - just love how you colored them and your take on the sketch!!

SmilynStef said...

what a TWEET little card ... so very glad you shared your SNOW-y creation with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

loooove those sweet characters and i adore the color palette youve chosen! great take on the sketch, as well! so pleased you could join our snowy fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Fabiola said...

quel amour de carte LeAnn, tres jolies couleurs douces et tendres, merci de jouer avec nous chez christmas 24, biz

sue t. said...

A tiny bird with a BIG presence! Thanks for joining us at Christmas 24!

Marjolein said...

Great card LeAnn! I absolutely adore the little bird on your image. Thank you for joining us with this beauty! Marjolein, DT-TSOT