Monday, October 12, 2020

Gnomie Halloween

Happy Monday!!  My card today was so fun to create, and it was a CASE of this card by Denita Wright-Smee, and I fell in love with it!  So here we go:


I wasn't going to get the Gnome for the Holidays set, but it seemed like a cute set to color in so I did, and I'm glad!  I colored this wee little gnome with some Halloween colors and added a tiny pumpkin from the Trio of Tags die, backed with some golden glimmer paper!  I wanted to add a little more depth to the Woodland embossing, so after embossing a piece of Basic Black with my folder, I sponged on some Craft White ink, highlighting the trees.  I added a little path with some Smoky Slate cardstock, cut with the hill die from In the Woods and stamped the circles and shadow from Life is Beautiful:


I added a crescent moon from the same gold glimmer paper:


And I added the second pumpkin to the top of one of the tags from Tags Tags Tags for the inside sentiment, along with a sentiment from Banner Year:


This card makes me smile, and I had fun making it!  And because it's a wee bit spooky, I am squeaking it in to the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge:


Thanks for visiting today!

The family went to Hershey Park this weekend--the Sweetest Place on Earth! Cassidy took her karate  friend Avery, who is a daredevil and loves roller coasters!  Cassidy.....not so much, so Avery went with Wayne!  But they all had a blast!



Of course this picture cracks me up....Dana is not a fan of roller coasters either!!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gnome for the Holidays, Tags Tags Tags, Banner Year, Life is Beautiful
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Gold Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Gray Granite, Craft White
Accessories Black Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Trio of Tags Dies, In The Woods Dies, Blends, Woodland Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Verve Star Die

15 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love this card - you aced it! The trees and background look so spooky and the little gnome is just perfect. Gorgeous! ~chris

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cute card LeAnne and just a little bit spooky! Love the pumpkin lantern - great use for the tag, fits the gnome perfectly. Me - I love a good roller coaster!

Vickie said...

LeAnne...this is just adorable,,...the cutest. Love it..Glad you got it...love all the colors and background. Well Done.

I Card Everyone said...

Too fun to be spooky, LeAnne! Such a cute little trick or treat-ster!
I LOved Hershey Park, and have many wonderful memories of it when my kids were little!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the family photos. Avery and Wayne are wearing the expressions Perry would have. I loved roller coasters but now wear Dana's expression! Vertigo prevents me from enjoying them. However, nothing prevented me from enjoying your card. It is so darn cute! The way you did the trees is wonderful and your gnome is perfect. It's been raining here for 3 days. Hopefully we'll have some sunny days before our friends have to return to FL. We are loving this 60 degree weather. Have a blessed day.

Bonnie said...

Super fun card, LeAnne! The embossed background is awesome and the gnome is so much fun!

Fiona said...

Love your atmospheric background for this cute gnome Leanne - thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a spooky background you made for your cute gnome LeAnne! Love thye crescent moon and the white highlighted trees. Love the family snaps. I'm with Dana - no thanks to the roller coaster!! Vicky x

Jenny Engelke said...

Ahhhhh, this is so stinking cute!!!! I love the sparkle star and moon....just a couple of the many, many great details on this card! This is just so much fun, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the Halloween gnome! Fun idea! And I am not a roller coaster fan at all!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is he with his tall colorful hat, this is cute! We went by the Hershey park several years ago with my parents and my brother's family. We only had time for the chocolate tour. But I had the best chocolate milkshake ever in the gift shops afterwords!!

Colleen Begley said...

Love your spooky card scene! And I can sympathize with Dana!

Ida said...

Your card is fantastic. Love this one.

lisa808 said...

LOVE this card! The background is awesome! The white sponging was perfect for creating your spooky scene.

Ann Murray said...

Wonderful gnome Halloween card. walking through spooky forest. I must Case this. :)