Thursday, October 1, 2020

IB144 Autumn Blessings

Hey peeps!  Happy Thursday!  Happy October!  Our beautiful Inspired By photo is this one for the week:

Love it!  And here's our sketch, which I sorta followed:


And here's my simple card; I was inspired by the little wreaths with the pumpkins, as well as one of the pillows and the soft green color:


A stamped a wreath from CTMH's Woodland Greetings in Stazon black directly on some My Mind's Eye papers, then colored each little element in with a blender pen and ink.  The pumpkins are from the retired Pick a Pumpkin set, stamped in Mellow Moss and backed with some Old Olive linen thread:


I combined the words from a couple different sets for the sentiment and added a fussy-cut leaf from the CTMH set; then it all went on a Mellow Moss card base:


I am also submitting this to Hand Stamped Sentiments' Mood Board challenge, too, as those little pumpkins in the top row just make me happy!:




There are so many elements from this photo that could inspire you...which ones will you choose?  Share your creation with us at Inspired By so we can see it too!  Thanks for popping in today!

And here are a few autumn blessings from around the field that I saw recently:

       



I love how even weeds can be beautiful!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate--bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart."  Psalm 104:14-15


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Pick a Pumpkin (ret), Woodland Greetings (Close to My Heart), Take Three Fall (Papertrey), Grateful Heart (Right at Home)
Card stock & Papers     Mellow Moss (ret), Gingham Farm DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Stazon Black, Mellow Moss (ret), Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Memento Black
Accessories Old Olive Linen Thread (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Patterned Pumpkins Dies (ret), Blender Pen

 

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

so pretty! I love all the green and the added twine. your photos are beautiful!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so cute...you have the neatest stamps! Photographs are beautiful as is the verse you picked out today.

I Card Everyone said...

I just LOve your card, LeAnne... those little x's are so sweet and provide such a darling backdrop for your pretty pumpkins!
Is it only me, or do you think you have fairies painting those berries in your field? Look they also use Wink of Stella!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a sweet card LeAnne! Those pumpkins are darling. And I love that we both picked the same pillow!

Ida said...

Really nice card. I love the monochromatic color scheme and the popped up leaf and pumpkins.

Danni Reid said...

I love your wreath, those sweet pumpkins, the patterns, everything, such a perfect fall card!

Fiona said...

I love your card Leanne and the way it shows that pumpkins don't always have to be orange! Such a serene look to this - thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card and take on the inspiration photo! The wreath is adorable!

Stampin by Genny said...

Love your monochromatic Mossy Green card. Simple but stunning card! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jaimie said...

So, so sweet. Love this so much! Simple that one single leaf falling with the exes in the background, it’s just a great card!! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is the perfect combo of all the challenges! Don't you just love it when a card can come together like that!!! I love a multiple challenge card! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS, LeAnne!