Friday, October 30, 2020

FMS459 Christmas Gnome

 Happy Friday peeps!  Boy, is it raining where you are?  RAIN RAIN RAIN, all day long!  I feel like a mushroom!  Well, I did hunker down in my stamp room yesterday and created a couple cards; the one I'm sharing today is for the FMS sketch:

I had used a sketch very similar to this at my last club but I loved how Linda used the Stitched Triangle Dies for her card, so I thought I would give that a go, using my new Classic Christmas papers in Sahara Sand and one of those darling gnomes from Gnome for the Holidays!  So here we go:


I thought I'd try my hand at stamping my gnome in Sahara Sand, then coloring him with Blends, and it worked pretty well!  You can't see it, but his bell and hat are liberally adorned with Wink of Stella!  He looked a little lost just perched upon the DSP, so I punched out a little oval of glimmer paper so he had something to stand on!  I added a mat of Real Red and stamped the sentiment from the same set:

He was a little time-consuming to cut out but the rest of the card was so easy, it went together in a jiffy!

Here are a few more jack-o-lantern pix!

Drawing the face:


Yikes!  She is scaring me with that knife!


Wayne brings in the artillery....a power drill!  Stay tuned tomorrow to see the final results!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gnome for the Holidays
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Classic Christmas DSP, Sparkle Glimmer Paper
 Ink Sahara Sand, Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Triangle Dies, Blends, Wink of Stella

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That little gnome is so cute! If it makes you feel any better, its rained all week here too and it's so miserable!! Cant wait to see those finished pumpkins - Wayne definitely looks like he means business!!

Cup & Ink said...

Love how you used the sketch!

Kampin' Karen said...

This is a winner for sure! Your fussy cutting skills continue to amaze me. I LOVE this creation. Yes, Joanne, Wayne certainly does look like he means business! I can't wait to see the end results. Cassidy is practicing to be a surgeon! Have a blessed day.

Bernadette Bliss said...

Love this cute card and how you used the sketch. I've looked at this sketch for several days and had no MOJO. You just have inspired me to go ahead and try it out!

Bonnie said...

Love how this cute gnome looks against the decorative paper! The Sahara Sand and Red go so well together and looks so festive! Can't wait to see the finished jack-o-lantern! Men and their tools, LOL...

Lisa Elton said...

This is super duper cute LeAnne, love the colors!

Carol L said...

I love that adorable little gnome and the cute sketch used for your card! Love those papers and colors - great jack-0-lanterns in the making as well! Looks like fun :)

Jen Brum said...

What a super cute Christmas card! I just love gnomes and punny sentiments! Such beautiful paper as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm late to the party, LeAnne! But he's worthy of a second day of celebration!
So fun, and I love your neutral+red combo!
=]

Penny Hanuszak said...

Super cute little gnome card Leanne. Love the little floater piece you perched him on. You're right the image on it's own sometimes looks lost on the DSP. Great tip. Beautiful colouring.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow the red with Sahara Sand is fabulous! And I love that gnome! Adorable card!

Brent Scheffer said...

The paers makea grate accent for the wonderful gnome. Fabulous!