Sunday, December 8, 2019

PP471 Sugar-Sprinkled Season


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today is our last Paper Players challenge of 2019!!  Wow, this year zipped by!  We'll be taking off the next few weeks so our designers can have a break!!  Today is my turn to host the challenge, and I have a color challenge for you:


I wonder what I had in mind when I chose these colors...I have no idea!  But someone had a gingerbread challenge on their blog and that got my mind going, so here's my take on it:


My little gingerbread, stamped in Crumb Cake is on a silver "cookie sheet"!  I gave him some "sugar" decorations with some Ice Stampin' Glitter, and I also embellished the bottom edge of the embossed Seaside Spray panel with some silver ribbon!  Even though it looks coppery here, his cookie sheet really is silver: 


To add a little more silver to the mix, I heat-embossed a sentiment with Silver embossing powder as well:


I think this is a pretty color combo, and I hope you'll play along with us over at the Paper Players!  Be sure to stop by at least to see what gorgeous creations the DT came up with!  Share yours too!  See you there!

We have a covered dish at church today, so it's going to be busy--I put up my tree yesterday as well as a wreath on my dad's grave...it was one year yesterday he passed away.  The kids got their tree yesterday as well:




Can't wait to see it all decorated!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Christmas, Scentsational Seasons (ret), Perfect Mix, Whimsical Holiday (snowflake, Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Seaside Spray, Silver Foil
 Ink Seaside Spray, Crumb Cake, Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Silver Ribbon (ret), Ice Stampin' Glitter
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tin Type Embossing Folder, Holiday Collection Framelits (ret), Heat Tool, Crumb Cake Blend, Blender Pen

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is a great way to use your colours this week LeAnne - that sugar-coated gingerbread is adorable! The crumb cake almost threw me, but once I’d started I had several ideas (just not enough time!) I lov your oven glove too - I kept this set, so useful! Love the tree pics - hoping to put up our main tree today, but have a lot of other things to get done first so it might have to wait. Great challenge this week!

Kampin' Karen said...

What a beautiful card! I hope to be able to play as I love those colors together. Great photos of family. I thought it was pretty close to a year that your father went to be with Jesus and meet Perry. The year went fast but the healing of the heartache went a little slower. Have a great time at the covered dish. I'm sure there'll be a lot of yumminess.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, is your card ever CUTE! I just love all of the fun details you added like the foil baking sheet, the sparkly accents and that oven mitt. This was such a fun color combo, I really enjoyed it. Love the tree photos! I still can't believe how grown-up Cassidy is. I hope you enjoy your day today, my friend. Big hugs!

Su Mohr said...

This is so cute, LeAnne! Nothing like gingerbread at Christmas time! Love how you cleverly placed him on a cookie sheet!

laurie said...

How fun!! I love the sparkles on your gingerbread man. REAL trees...yay! We did not get one this year, just a little artificial one. But next year......

Lisa Elton said...

The glimmer of that cookie sheet and the sugary frosting are cute! This is darling LeAnne. Our tree went up too, it just makes me smile!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm loving the colour palette you've chosen LeAnne and really hope I can join in. Your card is very clever with your silver baking tray and that cute gingerbread man! Love the little oven mitt too.
It's hard to get your festive energy going when a part of you is still grieving. I love that you were able to put a wreath on your dad's grave to pay tribute to him. Sending hugs, Vicky x

Windy Ellard said...

Adorable card..love the glitter on the gingerbread man! Perfect background and texture! Thank you for all your inspiration this year..I have enjoyed being with you on the design team and look forward to playing in the new year!

Claire Broadwater said...

What a FANTASTIC challenge! Your card is ADORABLE! I love gingerbread boys and this one is precious! The shiny cookie sheet and embossed background are amazing! This card makes my heart happy! Love the tree pictures. WOW--Cassidy is growing up so quickly! Big hugs for you, My Friend! Hard to visit our Daddy's graves. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, My Friend! XX

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, LeAnne! I loved it the moment I saw it. The "sugar" decorations are perfect. This was a beautiful color combination, and one which I am sure I will use again. May you and your family have a Merry Christmas! Hugs!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your adorable gingerbread card! So many wonderful, fun details! I want to thank you for the warm reception and so many gracious comments while I guested with your team this past year! It was great getting to know you ladies a bit better and will say you all are the best! Wishing you a very happy and blessed Christmas!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the homespun feel of the elements on your card. The gingerbread man is so darned cute and I love the mitten and the background stamping - and that fabulous sentiment. There's a vintage theme with modern execution. I love it. The first anniversary is always hard.... hugs, my friend.
Jaydee