Friday, December 13, 2019

FMS415 x Two


Happy Friday, peeps!  I have two quick, easy cards today, and they both use the FMS sketch for this week:
My Christmas cards are all sent out, but I do need some birthday cards, so I thought I would put to use some pretty papers I recently won from my sweet friend Mary Rose (you should visit her blog,  Mary Rose's Cafe; she has some lovely creations as well as being just a lovely person!)!  And believe it or not, I had never purchased these SU DSPs!!  My birthday recipient is an avid seamstress, so I thought she would like this:

 

I used a Crumb Cake base, a Balmy Blue mat, and diecut one of the circle images with a Stitched Shape die.  I stamped my sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays directly on a piece of Crumb Cake Classic Weave ribbon in Soft Suede ink:


Then I added a few sequins from my stash, just for fun!  And I know I have all my Christmas cards done, but I just made a purchase from the Eyelet Outlet....normally, I am not a washi tape person, but I had seem some used recently (and they had a sale!), so I gifted myself some of these cute Christmas rolls!  Let me tell you, if you need a card in a hurry, you can't go wrong with these washis!  I had this scrap of DSP laying on my desk, so I just cut off some tape and voila!  An instant card!


I mounted it on a Poppy Parade base, added a sentiment on the inside and it's good to go for 2020!


So happy you popped in today!

Wayne works for a wholesale produce company and he sent Dana these pictures from a trade show he attended yesterday; how about a Christmas tree made of peppers?

Aren't people creative?  Who would think of this?  And it's at least 8' tall!  If peppers aren't your thing, you can always do a celery tree (NOT!)!!!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your Christmas card is great! Those trees...WOW!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet cards but that pepper tree steals the show.....wowza! But that celery tree.....not so much....lol....

Vicky Hayes said...

You are amazingly creative LeAnne! I love the birthday card with those fabulous papers (yes, I remember those and a gorgeous stamp set that coordinated with them!) and I love how quick and effective the Christmas card is - the tape works beautifully with that 'knitted' background.
I am SO impressed with the pepper tree, not SO much with the celery one! I think I'll stick with good old pine :)
Vicky x

Carol L said...

Both cards are wonderful, and all those stitched papers are perfect for a person who loves to sew! Great idea for washi tape use too! The pepper tree is just amazing and so incredibly creative! The celery gets high fives for effort if nothing else LOL BTW, congrats on having your beautiful card spotlighted over on the Snippets Playground - it was a beauty!

Lisa Elton said...

She's going to love the quilted look this has, it's charming! And those wee stockings lined up on the second card are adorable!

Amy O said...

Your first card uses some of my all-time favorite SU papers, and you've showcased them beautifully. And I love how you used the washi tape for this sketch -- so clever! Always a treat to stop by your blog, LeAnne!