Thursday, December 5, 2019

IB101 Deer Vignette


Hello, peeps!  I've got a sweet card for you for today's Inspired By challenge!  This one was a lot of fun to create:


And here is Laurel's photo prompt....absolutely adorable!


So I used lots of different elements to create this little vignette!  I started by embossing a white card base with a Sissix embossing folder featuring different holiday words.  On top, I adhered a stitched circle cut from some Woodgrain DSP, and on top of that I added some foliage (Tim Holtz die with hand-drawn "greenery"), two little bottle brush trees (Papertrey) and a woodland deer (Dashing Deer)!  I added a red glimmer scarf, some little red glimmer ornaments and gold glimmer star toppers:  


Finally, I added a hanger and bow of red glimmer paper too!


There are so many inspirations in this fun photo, what will inspire you?  Share your creation with us at the Inspired By blog, and while you're there, check out what the other designers did as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

So since I don't get Cassidy on the bus this school year, I gave Dana the Advent Calendar I made for her a few years ago.  I knew there was a chance that the "elf" who fills the little boxes with treats might forget to do it once or twice and sure enough, yesterday morning when Cass when to open it, there was nothing there.  She was in tears, and wrote the elf a note:


(Not sure what the YHAEY thing is all about!)  But she cracks me up....she gives the elf a large box in which to write his name and only two lines to answer his question, LOL!  So we'll have to see what the "elf" writes back!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dashing Deer, Joyful Christmas (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Red Glimmer, Gold Glimmer, Woodgrain DSP (ret)
 Ink Creamy Caramel (ret), Garden Green, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Dashing Deer Dies, Stitched Circle Dies (Lil'Inker), Joyful Christmas Dies (Papertrey), Mini Treat Bag Dies (ret), Holiday Greens Dies (Tim Holtz), Christmas Words Embossing Folder (Sissix), Shaded Spruce Marker, 1/8" Circle Punch, Taylored Expressions Star Die

12 comments:

Karen said...

BTW means "by the way" so she wrote it going down once she realized that the elf might not be up to date on his texting shortcuts. Well, that's my guess, anyway! Glad she's holding the elf accountable, but giving him the opportunity to "explain" himself!

Karen said...

Oh, BTW, the cards are lovely!

mudmaven said...

Took me a minute to see it, but you just need to read the words vertically! Such a clever girl!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your Cassidy stories. She was writing By the Way out in full but down instead of across which is why it looks confusing and appears as yheay

I Card Everyone said...

I couldn't wait to see what you'd do with the IB prompt this week, LeAnne! You do have such a fab way with lots of embellishments - and that embossing!!! So perfect in every way!
=]
Be sure to show the response!! lol

blaze said...

Hey, LeAnne! I don't comment often, but I am taking the time today, because, well... I just get such a kick out of Cassidy!!! I have enjoyed watching her grow up vicariously through your posts, and, gosh, she is a STITCH! Don't get me wrong, your cards are always inspirational, and you should be very proud of your creations!
Someday, I would love to visit Longwood Gardens--what a beautiful place! We live in Rochester, NY, so it might happen!
btw -- Cassidy was telling the elf what btw meant. Look at the words vertically. What a character she is!

Hilda Burton said...

Love your card. The note to the elf is adorable. What a keepsake! Enjoy your day!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh those Inspired By pictures are always SO inspiring and you've done a wonderful job with this gorgeous card. So many beautiful details but still lots of 'room to breathe'! I love these notes that youngsters leave! The YHAEY thing is actually By The Way written vertically. Isn't she creative with her 'fill in the box' section and her arrows to show where to answer the question! I can't wait to see what the 'elf' writes back! Vicky x

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE your take on that photo!! The bottle trees ROCK (wish I had these!!) and I LOVE the embossed background. This card is gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, I love they way you've recreated the deer in the hoop. This is lovely LeAnne. Oh boy, that elf is in hot water!! Can't wait to see what his excuse was!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You are so good at making something from the Inspired picture prompts LeAnne - I am in awe! Love all of the little details on this card. As for the note to the elf - I love it (and I couldn't work out the BTW verticals either, I must be getting old!!) Cassidy is a clever little lady!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! Love your hoop scene! And oh those elves...pesky!