Sunday, October 28, 2018

PP416 Birthday Sketch

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone on the east coast weathered the storm okay!  We got rain, rain, rain!  It was a good time to stamp!  Anne Marie is our Paper Players hostess with an awesome sketch for us this week!  Check it out:


I really need some birthday cards, so that's what I went for today!  So here we go:


I had a few other challenges in mind while creating this card; Little Red Wagon wants distressing; the Color Throwdown has a rust, teal and cream challenge; and TGIF is featuring washi tape and baker's twine:

So I went through my huge stash of 6x6" pads and found some papers to match the colors; after sponging and distressing them a bit, I adhered them to a Very Vanilla card that had been stamped in Sahara Sand with the Linen background stamp, and I sponged the edges of that too!  I used a tag punch to create a little tag on which I stamped a bird's nest, then added a little watercolored bird diecut from the Birds & Bloooms die:


I mounted some retired washi tape on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and added some linen braid for the horizontal piece; I know it's not baker's twine so if I get "disqualified", I understand!  Finally, on the inside I added a feather stamp and a sentiment from Perennial Birthday:


And just for fun, I created another card, this one is a thank-you for a friend of mine, using Share What You Love DSP and a sentiment from A Big Thank You:


I fussy-cut a flower from the floral DSP and tucked it under my ribbon, then colored some pearls with a Mint Macaron Blend to add a little oomph:


I hope you'll find some inspiration from Anne Marie's sketch...I already have several more ideas in my head, it's a great one for using up pretty DSPs!!!  Check out what the other designers created:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Anne Marie
·        Sandy
·        Elizabeth
·        Annie - off this week
·        Jan
·        Ann

Cassidy earned her orange belt this week:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Perennial Birthday, A Big Thank You, Soft as a Feather (ret), Linen Background (ret),  Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Watercolor, Petal Pink, Basic Black, Share What You Love DSP, Fall Break DSP (Carta Bella), Fall is in the Air DSP (Echo Park), Botanical Tea DSP (Graphic 45)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Lost Lagoon, Cajun Craze, Basic Black
Accessories Washi Tape (ret), Linen Braid, Dimensionals, Pearls, Soft Sky Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Birds and Blooms Thinlets, Tag Punch, Sponge Daubers, Aquapainter, Stitched Shapes Framelits

13 comments:

laurie said...

I love the distressed look..so perfect with the layers, and that lil bird is adorable!

Greta said...

2 great cards using that sketch! Beautiful layers!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two lovely cards LeAnne - I love the sweet bird on the first one, it co-ordinates with your papers and washi tape perfectly and the detail on your little tag is perfect. I could do with a few birthday cards to, but can't seem to get away from my Christmas creating at the moment!

Jan Clothier said...

What a pretty rustic vision! I like the distressing and I didn't even pick the washi tape - I thought it was more DSP. Your stash of papers is extensive - and very pretty.

Ann Schach said...

I am so loving both of these cards, LeAnne! I absolutely adore the little bird on the first card. It's amazing how such a small element can steal the show! A great mix of colors and patterns on both cards!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your mix of pretty patterns and texture on the first one, it's fabulous! The second is perfectly charming with those sweet papers. Way to go Cassidy, congrats!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty vintage card! That little bird is sweet! And I still haven’t figured out how to use the papers you used in the second card.....but you did!

Broni said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! I just love that sweet little bird!! And just when did Cassidy get so big and beautiful?! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love both of these beautiful cards. The first one is your perfect Vintage style Love the little bird and the stamping on the tag.The second card is so FUN. I love the DSP and the happy feeling it shouts out! Cassidy is just such a pretty girl! Full of life and love! I hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

Brenda said...

Darling cards, I love them both! Your take on the sketch is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... your sweet birdie tag is adorable!!! Hope you had a fabulous Halloween...looks like Cassidy did!

stampwithsandy said...

I love both of your cards LeAnne, but especially the first one! Such a cute little bird and great mix of patterns. I have that bird die too but have never used it. (sigh) Too many stamps, not enough time. Thanks for inspiration!

Anne Marie Hile said...

No one, but 2 cards for this week? Wow! I love them both. Although I’m pretty much crazy for all things plaid right now, so your first card made me do a double-take. Congrats to Cassidy on her orange belt. She looks so excited. I would be as well! PS: thank you for the gorgeous Halloween card. I may. or may not, be framing it. Sooooo awesome1 I guess you knew how much I loved it. You are awesome, my sweet friend. Big hugs! :)