Sunday, October 14, 2018

PP414 Colors of Fall

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Jaydee is our Paper Players hostess and I was happy to see these fall hues in her challenge palette:


I have lots of leafy stamps, but in the end, I chose a retired set called Thankful Forest Friends, along with the current Flourishing Phrases and Buffalo Check, to create my thankful fall card today:


I stamped my sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla in Cajun Craze, and although it's hard to see, I stamped the wood image from Rooted in Nature first (it was inked in Sahara Sand, then stamped off).  I stamped the leafy parts of the stamp again in the challenge colors on scraps of VV, then fussy-cut them out and adhered them to the image:


I cut out three leaves from Flourishing Phrases and cut them out as well, because I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

My final touches were to diecut the sentiment with a stitched die and add a scallop of Crushed Curry, then to layer it on a panel of Mossy Meadow, stamped with the Buffalo Check background stamp!  I love the homey feel of this!  And since it's a "thankful" card, I am also entering it in the Little Red Wagon challenge of Thankful for You!

Hope you will play with our challenge this week!  Check out what the DT did for even more inspiration:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Anne Marie
·        Sandy
·        Elizabeth
·        Annie - on break
·        Jan
·        Ann

No Cassidy pictures this weekend, but I do have a few pictures from the last couple days...John and I went to the Annapolis Boat Show with friends, who then took us to National Harbor, which is south of Washington, DC. I had never even heard of it, but it's a nice waterfront area with lots of fun shops and restaurants.  The day of the boat show, we finally had SUNSHINE!  We saw LOTS of boats:


We took a water taxi to another marina to see some more boats, and there were tables and a little Shasta trailer made into a bar, so we took a little break:



It was so nice to bask in the warm sun!  I'll show some more pix later!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Rooted in Nature, Flourishing Phrases, Buffalo Check, Thankful Forest Friends (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry
 Ink Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Scallop Circle Die (Nestabilities)

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this LeAnne! Lots of lovely fall details on your centre piece and glad to see you are rocking the buffalo check too! Your sunny day at the boat show looks like fun too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kampin' Karen said...

So glad you had fun waterside. The first thing I noticed was the tree ring. That is such a great stamp. Your card is delightful.

Jan Clothier said...

Your day out looks like lots of fun. Love the way you've used different leaves in different ways. The background check is great as it adds detail without competing for attention with the sentiment. Lovely, rustic -feel card, LeAnne.

Wendy said...

What a pretty Fall card, LeAnne! I have to say that I really like that Buffalo Check stamp and hope to use to it more. Love your sentiment panel and the design of this! Looks like you had a nice time at the boat show with all that warm sunshine! We sure could use some sun. Dreary and rainy..blah! TFS

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty LeAnne! Love the way you've used the colors. So glad you had beautiful weather for your day out!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is such a cheerful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! I love the little leaves surrounding the sentiment with the three sweet leaves across the bottom. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. (Looks like you had a beautiful day!)

Heather said...

Such a pretty card and perfect for the challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I love those buffalo checks! The wreath is such a fantastic way to use the colors this week! A perfect Fall card! Loved seeing all your photos from the boat show! Looks like a fabulous trip! Have a great rest of the week, My Friend! XX

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne! I LOVE the Buffalo Plaid. This is such a pretty fall card. The way you accented the sentiment is perfect!

stampwithsandy said...

Great use of the colors this week, LeAnne! I've been eyeing that buffalo check background, and love the way the leaves are tucked into the sentiment.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love your card, LeAnne! The colors pop off of the Mossy Meadow background. Looks like you had fun at the Boat Show, too. :)