Friday, October 26, 2018

FMS360 Spooky Cat

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!  I actually got to sleep in a little bit this morning, what a treat!  I have one last Halloween card for you , then I need to start bulking up on my Christmas and birthday cards!  This one uses the FMS sketch for this week:

This card morphed into something totally different than what I had in mind when I started, LOL!  I wanted to use my cat punch, I haven't used it for a long time and I thought I would make a spooky moon for him to sit in front of, and it just kept going from there:


I used some Halloween papers from last year (Spooky Night) and some Pumpkin Pie glimmer paper.  I punched my cat from Basic Black cardstock and sponged around the edges with white craft ink to give him some dimension against the black DSP:


To make his eyes orange, I stamped them in white craft ink, then dabbed on some orange chalk from my old pastel chalk kit...worked like a charm!  I gave him a little magic wand and added a spooky "boo!" from Basic Gray cardstock that was stamped with a stripey image:


Finally I added a little sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched it out with a Word Window punch...going old school here!  I made three of these and they'll be going in the mail today!!  

So, in keeping with the orange and black theme, I promised I would show you what the kids' cookies looked like after baking:


So, I guess maybe black sugar isn't such a good idea....they definitely look burnt, LOL!  They sure had fun making them, though!   Cassidy didn't seem to mind a "charred" ghost:


Mommy was not so enthralled!  You can see Cassidy chowing down, though!  My brother happened to think they tasted okay too!!!


Thanks for popping in today...enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Howl-o-Ween Treat, Spooky Cat, Teeny Tiny Wishes (all retired)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer (ret), Spooky Night DSP (ret)
 Ink Craft White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circles Framelits, Boo To You Framelits (ret), Cat Punch, Sponge, Word Window Punch (ret)

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is spooktacular. You did a perfect job with the eyes and sponging on the cat. I have to use that DSP until it is gone because I didn't buy new. I loaned my cat punch to a friend so I can't CASE it now but Halloween will roll around again. Remind me in a year :-) Have a blessed day, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

Your card? TOO cute to Spook, LeAnne! LOve the sponging on the cat... what a difference it makes!
Now the cookies... they are a little bit scary, but I'd eat anything at least once! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin' all of the sparkle on this cute card LeAnne! Hmmm, not so sure about the black sugar, but I'd give it a go...at least once!

Jen Mitchell said...

Now this says Halloween! I love that sparkly moon - what a perfect backdrop to that kitty. The sponged white around the kitty is a great way to give home some dimension!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love the sponging on the kitty -- it looks like the moon is casting a glow on him. while the cookies might not look as adorable, if they taste good, that's all that matters in my book. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

This whole post makes me smile!

Karren said...

Great Halloween card and such a fun take on the sketch! That cat is too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.