Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Curtain Call #24

DSCF7466

Another card for you this beautiful Wednesday (although LindaL said she is having SNOW tonight!!!), this one was a little quicker to make, using the colors from Stacey’s Curtain Call Color Challenge shown here:

act24b

At first I did not think I was going to like this palette, but after seeing Stacey’s card and a few of the others, I thought I would try it out.  I needed a thank you for someone who did something nice for me, so this is what I made:

DSCF7468

I used some fun PTI samples and the flower & leaf from Best Wishes & More. 

You have probably heard the news from Stampin’Up! about their “Color Renovation”…..thirty colors retiring, some In Colors returning, five new In Colors,  and some shifting around of the remaining colors and neutrals.  We all hate change, don’t we?  But we like new stuff, too!  As Robin Merriman said, Harvest Gold and Avocado Green appliances in our kitchens are no longer stylish!!  (No offense to those who still have their appliances---you’re now considered “retro”!)  Anyway, I am keeping an open mind and looking forward to playing with some new colors!  If you would like to see more details, just shoot me an email (be sure to leave yours so I can respond) and I’ll fill you in!

  • Stamps:  Best Wishes & More, Short & Sweet
  • Paper:  WW, Kraft, PTI samples
  • Ink:  So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green
  • Acc:  Brads, Ret SU ribbon, Small oval punch, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Dimensionals

DSCF7469

16 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

now that's a set I haven't inked up in AGES...it looks fab with the PTI paper:) great card, LeAnne! thanks so much for playing along in the Curtain Call this week!

on another note...I'm excited about the color renovation...looking forward to having In Colors for 2 years!

Andrea said...

I LOVE your new look on your blog. Your card is great. A great way to use up scraps too.

I for one am SOOO excited about all the color changes with Stampin Up. I think it is long overdue. I'm excited to see all the fun accessories that will be added too, and the new DSP.

ChristineCreations said...

What beautiful use of pattern and color! And a great layout too.

I just heard about the color changes last night...I'll be honest...I'm a little bummed. A lot of colors are leaving and they didn't bring back Kiwi Kiss! I'm sure I'll love the new ones - but will miss some of the old!

Alison said...

This is the most beautiful card! Now I need this set:)

Renee said...

I love this LeAnne! Very pretty colors and a great layout!

Marisa said...

This is darling! Great use of week's colour challenge - thanks for playing Curtain Call. As for the colour changes I can't believe they are getting rid of Mellow Moss!!! SU better offer the mini spots in the new colours because it is an expensive update!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

So lovely! The textures and colors and patterns in the papers...it is just the perfect package. Beautiful card!

Carol L said...

This is a very pretty color combination! Great card!
Change is inevitable and I look forward to some new SU!colors every year.......but I cringe to think of no longer having card stock to use with all the inks and pads I bought through the years! *sigh* mo money, mo money.....

Diane Gilbert said...

Your card is Fabulous! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE this design with the different DP squares, tabs, and the flower in the center. Perfect!

Julie said...

Very CAS card, fantastic job on this one. Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call this week.

Julia Aston said...

what a great card LeAnne! I love that layered fluffed up flower! and the colors of the squares of DP It all looks great against the Kraft card base!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, those colors are FABULOUS! Adorable card, LeAnne!

Sylvia said...

I really like this card LeAnne. You are so talented! I know about not sleeping!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

*GASP* LeAnne - another stunner from you! LOVE this card!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play the Curtain Call this week!! xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

I've been meaning to get over here to tell you how much I {heart} this card!!! It's absolutely delightful!!!