Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vintage Christmas Dare

DSCF7579

Today’s SCS Featured Stamper is Dara, and I chose this card to CASE.  I made my card a Christmas card, keeping up with my own personal challenge, using a Crafty Secrets set and some Graphic 45 paper:

DSCF7578

As simple as it is, I just love this card---these images just make me smile!  I did a little bit of stitching and I broke out Buckaroo Blue---haven’t used that ink or paper for a LONG time!  It coordinates nicely with Not Quite Navy, which I used to stamp the image on the bottom panel.  I also made a French knot with some embroidery floss for my snowflake….just wanted to add a little something without overpowering it!  Here’s the inside:

DSCF7581

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  It is COLD here in PA; I think spring forgot it has arrived!  Lots of stuff to do today, so that’s it for now!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

There you go again with the Christmas. I love that color scheme!!! Gorgeous card, girl!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, wonderful holiday card! Great vintage santa image! :)

Linda said...

This is beautiful! One of my favorite stamps!

Jean Franks Beck said...

*gasp* GORGEOUS!! Seriously, come Christmas time (ish), I'm going to CASE every one of your Christmas cards!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

this is amazing!!
I love all of it, the colors, elements...
beautiful

Corie said...

WOW -- this is super FABULOUS!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors! I never bought any buckaroo blue...silly me!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wow! This is such a fantastic vintage holiday card! LOVE it!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my LeAnne!! This is beautiful! I just love it in the blue and WOW WOW! This card is wonderful! I know I'll be referring back to this card often for inspiration!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwww! Absolutely gorgeous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is awesome, LeAnne! LOVE the sleigh stamped on the DSP at the bottom, and the color combo!