Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ColourQ27

cqc27

For today’s ColourQ challenge, Arielle has chosen this sweet little jacket….what little boy wouldn’t have fun with those zippers and colors?  So of course, I had to make a “boy” card, too….and with my limited number of “boy” stamps, I had to go to Mr Extreme Guitar again:

cqc27 LeAnne

I used an assortment of elements and embellishments to give this card lots of motion!!  The image was stamped three times on Whisper White without reinking, moving the stamp a bit to the left each time---of course, I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect alignment!  I also stamped the Sanded BG stamp over the image to give it some texture.   I covered a piece of chipboard with some Thoroughly Modern DP and cut out a frame with some Nesties, then layered my image behind a sheet of vellum cardstock behind the frame.  I added some brads and a couple punched embellishments after I stamped the Tangerine Tango card with some circles from Circle Circus.  I used the inside part of the frame piece for my inside:

DSCF7440

Be sure to check out the other designers’ samples….you can click right on the blinkie on the sidebar, or simply visit the ColourQ blog!  Rock on!

DSCF7437-1

9 comments:

Carol L said...

This is one fantastic card! I LOVE the shadow stamping! He's really going to enjoy this one!

1CardCreator said...

This is so imaginative Leanne! I love how you did the shadow stamping and your details are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

Bev J. said...

Great shadowing on your card and the inside would make a neat CAS card on it's own. tfs

Stacy said...

Oh my, I LOVE this card! So many fabulous details. Love how you used the puch behind the chipboard with those brads on it! Now I might HAVE to get this stamp! I've got a teen and a 10 year old, so I think I would get lots of use out of it!

Janine said...

Love this color combo Leanne and your card is so nicely done!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

COOL card, LeAnne! Those colors are awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally rocking card LeaAnne!!! You did a fab job on the colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacey Schafer said...

this is rockin', LeAnne!

Rochelle said...

Great card!! Love the little details you added!