Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blushing Cameo Rubies

DSCF7526 How's that for a title?  That's the color challenge over at SCS today, which I don't usually get to play.  But I am making Mother's Day cards for my sale basket, so I thought I would take the opportunity to play with these retiring colors!  I am also using Mercy's sketch shown here:

 

MTSC69

 

 

 

I flipped the sketch on its side; used some various Basic Grey papers and tried to emulate my stampin' hero, Pam, with her beautiful stitching.  Let's just say I need some practice (don't look TOO closely!):

 

DSCF7525

I did have some fun with this cute ribbon treatment and button (I am on a corduroy button kick, obviously!):

DSCF7527

It is interesting to me that my stitching mishaps occur on the same corner of my panels.....and here's a typical thing that happens when I am trying to do something in a hurry!  I had a cute little spool of brown thread, just the right color.  I load my bobbin, start my stitching and I am ALMOST finished and ping! the spool is EMPTY.  So I had to take some thread from the bobbin and rewind it on the spool and use a different brown thread for the bobbin.  Oh well!  I do like the look that stitching gives, so I will keep practicing!  Thanks for visiting again today and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown!

  • Stamps:  All Holidays, Tres Chic, Thoughts & Prayers, Eastern Blossoms
  • Paper:  Cameo Coral, Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, BG
  • Ink:  Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
  • Acc:  Nesties, Corduroy Ribbon, Grosgrain Ribbon (ret SU), sewing machine, dimensionals, daubers, embroidery floss

11 comments:

Andrea M said...

WOW Leanne! This is FANTASTIC! Love what you've done with the colors and sketch! You're so darn talented :)

mudmaven said...

This is so beautiful! Love this color combo and never would have thought of it! ~chris

Lisa Foster said...

This is so pretty! I don't see any stitching boo boos at all! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Janine said...

Oooo!! Very pretty!! Love it Leanne!

mtscrapgal said...

Beautiful card, love the color combo. Hey don't worry about the misshaps-they prove these are "homemade" items.

Bev J. said...

Very pretty and I love those colors-sad to see them go.

Pam Speidel said...

Look at YOU GO GIRL!!! :) This is soooo pretty and I love the colors and all the stitching!! I knew you could do it! :) Your sweet words made my day! Happy Stamping...and Stitching! Pam :)

Linda said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love the stitching. I have the same problem with thread. I don't have any! Now I have to shop for thread to match all my paper! What is a girl to do?

Emily said...

Love your color combo and that terrific corduroy button:))

1CardCreator said...

You did it again! I just love how you put the dp and image together, picking up just enough of a repeat. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your stitches look fabulous, LeAnne! LOVE the button treatment, too!