Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stuck on Stella

I have a busy day cleaning & prepping for my Christmas in October Stamp Camp tonight, so I have only a couple cards to show you--tomorrow I'll have more!  I have been stuck on using my BG Stella Ruby DP.  I have several of these 6x6 Basic Grey pads, and I just find myself hoarding it!  So I am forcing myself to use these beauties.

I knew Sunday that my dear friend's mom was dying....she was in a coma, it was just a matter of time, and last night she went home to be with the Lord.  I had made a card on Sunday evening after I found out my sweet SCS friend Anne Ryan was the Featured Stamper!  I can't show you her card I CASE'd because there is something wrong with the SCS gallery link (maybe I can link it later), but I didn't want to post this until I actually needed it.  I used a piece of textured cardstock that Anne RAK'd me when she realized I didn't have the Swiss Dots CB folder-wasn't that sweet of her?  I wish I had made this card larger, as the panels of the Stella Ruby are hard to see on this size, but they are striking:

Sympathy Stella Ruby

I used a sentiment from Papertrey's Mixed Messages and the main image is Fresh Cuts.  I sponged color on the image and accented some of the flowers with a Ruby Red marker.  There is a double layer of a sheer brown organdy ribbon. 

The next card is a very simple thank you for someone who did a nice thing for me:

Thanks Stella Ruby

I stamped this last night while the Phillies were winning the Nat'l League playoffs!   Yahoo!!!  I thought this DP was so vivid that I didn't need much else for fear of being too busy or distracting.  The sentiment is from Pocket Silhouettes, and is mounted on a punchout from the Small Oval punch and the  Designer Label punch, then threaded through with SU's new Regal Rose grosgrain.  The little brown flower is a Felt Fusion Too.  The Pink Pirouette paper is a perfect match for this DP, I think!

Have a great day---a little cloudy here in PA, but still a wonderful day!  I am looking forward to spending time with my stamping friends tonight!  Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Pretty cards, LeAnne---I especially like the Sympathy card---what a beauty. And, I know what you mean about that Stella paper---I love it, too! The layout on your cards is fab, too! Hugs~---oh, and congrats to the Phillies, though I was pulling a little for the Dodgers so the Yankee big wigs would realize what a mistake they made when they fired Joe Torre....but, I didn't really have a dog in the fight! (of course, this is WAY more information than you really wanted to know, huh?)Have a great day!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love these, LeAnne! So sorry to hear about your friends' mother!!

I have several Basic Grey 6x6 pads, too. And I hoard them like my life depends on it! Why do we do that?!?!? I'm glad you broke into them ...these cards are gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful sympathy card LeAnne - sorry for your loss..... and beautiful DP on your thank you card I love the punches used for your sentiment!

Juanita said...

These cards are both so great. The sympathy card is really nice, I hope that it helps bring some comfort to your friend. (Knowing that a friend made such a beautiful card for her should help)

Denise Marzec said...

I'm very confused....you emailed me and mentioned that you feel like you have no mojo???...are you KIDDING me?? Look at these jaw-dropping beauties!!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are very pretty, LeAnne! I love the Basic Grey papers as well..so yummy!! Sorry to hear about your friends mother. I'm sure she will appreciate your beautiful card. Congrats on the Phillies! I said my Grandmother is probably watching so proudly from Heaven...she loved the Phillies!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Broni said...

Great title!! I'm the same way..I've got SO MANY 6x6 BG paper pads and want more! But I'm going to hold off until I use at least most of the ones I have. So sorry about your friend's mom. Your cards are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love both the cards LeAnne. I do the same thing with my papers. I really don't know why. We buy them to use and just love looking at them. Maybe we are just paper addicts!!! But I do love the Basic Grey. Have a great day.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! And I'm so sorry about your friend's mother!