Friday, December 2, 2022

FMS564 Happy 60th

Happy Friday, peeps!  Hope you have some fun things planned for the weekend!  I managed to get most of my Christmas decorations up yesterday...the tree I'll save for next week! 

My brother will be celebrating a milestone birthday next week too, so I used the FMS sketch to make a card for him; he's an engineer, so I should have come up with something more clever, but this will have to do!  First, the sketch:

I pulled out some of those masculine plaids from the new Memory Box pad I got recently, along with some copper foil paper and a retired set called Number of Years:


My off-sets circles are diecut with Night of Navy and Balmy Blue, and the numbers and words were stamped in Night of Navy as well; diecuts are from Stylish Shapes dies:


The copper stars were cut with the Give it a Whirl dies as well as a Paper Rose stitched star die.  They coordinate nicely with the copper stripes in the plaid!  Finally, a sentiment from the Number of Years set plus a "brother" stamp from Fiskars went on the inside:


After three girls, my parents were thrilled to get that boy!  And he's been a bit spoiled ever since, LOL!  Thanks for visiting today, enjoy it and be blessed!

Here's a real short video of Cassidy at her latest karate testing:





Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Number of Years (ret), Celebrate Family (Fiskars)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Brushed Metallic Copper, Woodsy Plaid DSP (Memory Box)
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Give it a Whirl Dies, Large Number Dies (ret), Stitched Star Dies (Paper Roses)

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Nicely done!

Kampin' Karen said...

You know what would happen to us if we ever tried that? Yes, of course you do...lol! Go Cassidy!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a wonderful card for your little brother, LeAnne - I'm sure you all had fun spoiling him, right? Love the copper stars that do bring out the copper in your wonderful plaid!
Go Cassidy!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I really like the copper on this one! A fabulous card for your brother, LeAnne! Go get 'em Cassidy!

Cécile RIBON said...

Great masculine birthday card! I love this color scheme. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly made Sketches this week.