Thursday, December 22, 2022

Be Merry Candy Cane Shaker

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Before I start making my pies, I snuck into my craft room to create another Christmas card...I'll need them for next year!  The Global Design Project had a fun sketch, and the Double D Challenges want to see red and white candy canes!



Yummy!  I haven't used this Stamp Market candy cane image at all this year, so I thought I'd give it some love and make a shaker card.  I must warn you, it's a little busy, so prepare your eyes, LOL:


I used some Rings of Love DSP along with elements of Mint Macaron and Blushing Bride.  The candy cane was stamped in Poppy Parade and I added some Mint Macaron stripes.  Shaker cards are always so challenging to photograph, too! I threw in a bunch of sequins and pearls from my vast stash:


The sentiment is from the same set (Candy Cane Christmas), diecut with a shortened Stylish Shapes die:


And a fun Impression Obsession stamp went on the inside, along with candy canes from Jingle Jingle Jingle and twinkles from Trees for Sale:


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Trees for Sale, Jingle Jingle Jingle, Candy Cane Christmas (Stamp Market), Christmas Stamp D14802 (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Poppy Parade, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Window Sheet, Rings of Love DSP (ret)
 Ink Mint Macaron, Poppy Parade
Accessories Sequins from my Stash, Adhesive Dimensional Strips
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Candy Cane Christmas Dies (Stamp Market)

7 comments:

Diane said...

I love shakers and yours is awesome!!
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable holiday card! Merry Christmas!

I Card Everyone said...

Not one bit too busy for the season, LeAnne! I thought surely you had hand-painted those stripes - love the combo of colors so very much - and such a sweet little candy cane!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Great colors and it's not too busy for this festive season!

Wendy said...

How adorable, LeAnne!! This card is not busy at all! Love the shaker and your sweet candy cane! I love the colors, too! Awesome card! :)

Denise Willerton said...

seriously LeAnne ~ I LOVE this shaker card so much ~ thank you for sharing ~ I'd like to CASE this if I may!!! Have a Blessed Christmas and all the best in the New Year xo ((hugs))

Barbara said...

Not too busy, a wonderful card with so much detail! Great job for the Double D Challenge. Merry Christmas!