Wednesday, November 4, 2020

TCC143 Giving Thanks

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Time for a lovely new Card Concept Challenge, and Julie has a beautiful theme for us this week:

 

My inspiration was the whole Thanksgiving feel of the table setting; my first instinct was to print out a vintage Thanksgiving postcard like the one of the plate, but my friend shared some of her older SU stamps with me and I found this beauty in her stash, called Thanksgiving Blessings; I thought it would be nice for a Thanksgiving card, as well as giving me a chance to do some watercoloring!


I began by stamping the fruits on a piece of watercolor paper in Stazon ink and coloring them in with some inks and an aquapainter.  When I was finished, I diecut the image with a Stitched Nested Label die:


On the remaining piece of watercolor paper, I stamped an old leafy background stamp in Crumb Cake; since the paper is textured, the impression was very faint and I liked the look it created.  I cut it into a tag using the Bonanza dies and added some rustic ribbon and twine:


The sentiment on the tag is from CTMH's Autumn Blessings; the background for the card is some DSP from Echo Park's Fall is in the Air 6x6 pad, and I embossed it with the Quilt Top embossing folder, then sponged it with some Cajun Craze ink.  It all went on top of a Crumb Cake card base; And here is the inside, stamped with a sentiment from the SU set:


I would call this style shabby/vintage, as the ribbons are frayed and I did a lot of sponging on the embossed piece....plus the style of the stamp itself lends itself to a vintage look!  SO...I hope you'll play along with us at the Card Concept blog, and be sure to tell us what your "style" is...you can find details on the blog!  Can't wait to see what you create!

I do love vintage postcards like the ones in the photo above, so I thought I would share a couple from my own collection; these came either from family members or from yard sales and antique shopping.  Here's quite the patriotic bird:


And here's a humorous one:


The back shows that it was sent to my Great Aunt Pris; there's no date, but it must have been while she was still in school, because she lived in Poughkepsie as an adult:


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."  Psalm 100:4-5


7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love still lifes and this is beautifully colored and designed. The old post card is a great keepsake. I'm just beginning to realize how many challenges in which you are on the DT!

I Card Everyone said...

So happy to see a few of your vintage pieces, LeAnne - I look forward to them every holiday!
Your card is absolutely phenomenal, my friend! LOve the layers, your wonderfully colored fruits, and that frayed ribbon is so cool!
=]

Lorraine said...

Your Thanksgiving goodies are beautifully colored. Great find. Those postcards are a treasure.

tonilea said...

The painting on this card is wonderful. Very realistic. I love it! I like the old post card too. Those vintage images really speak to me (probably because I am pretty vintage myself!)

Bonnie said...

I love all your layers and that wonderful Thanksgiving image, LeAnne! A wonderful combination of color and texture! Thanks for sharing your vintage postcards! what treasures they are!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! So many wonderful layers and textures. Your vintage cards are wonderful. I have an aunt Priscilla too!

Silke Ledlow said...

The card is beautiful...the main image is colored perfectly!