Tuesday, August 25, 2020

RetroRubber 142 Halloween Sketch

 Happy Tuesday, stampers!  Are you ready for a wee bit of Halloween?  RetroRubber has a fun sketch for you to play with this week!  Check it out:

Image may contain: text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #142 SENT SENTIMENT August 25, 25,2020 September 4, 2020, sketch challenge #rrcb142'

I remembered that I purchased some fun Halloween papers from Papertrey last year, so I went to look for a "retro" Halloween stamp set to use with them!  Spooky Cat is from 2017, and that fun kitty seemed perfect for the rectangular panel! So here we go:


I stamped the cat in Terracotta Tile ink and punched it out with the matching punch, then mounted it on a Stitched Rectangle in Basic Black:


I cut strips and panels of the PTI papers, layering them a little askew for fun!  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set, diecut with the Tasteful Labels dies. I also added some glimmer stars in black and orange:


I stamped a sentiment from A Wish for Everything on the inside and added a wise old owl:

I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week!  This sketch is one I love!  Remember that your stamps must be at least a year old and you must tell us how old (approximately) they are! Can't wait to see what you create!  Check out what all the designers did at the Retro Rubber blog and give them some love, too!

A late summer rose still blooming in my flower bed:

Thanks for stopping by...enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Spooky Cat, A Wish for Everything
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Black and Orange Glimmer Paper, Text Style Halloween Paper (Papertrey)
 Ink Terracotta Tile, Memento Black, Smoky Slate
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies,  Star Dies (Verve), Cat Punch

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute! I always love seeing what you will create for Halloween, LeAnne! Love the paper and that adorable cat! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Cute card. I have to make two cards for Halloween so I may just enter the challenge. Your rose is beautiful. I have to trim mine today...can't put it off any longer...but the heat index of over 103 every day has been a bit much!

I Card Everyone said...

Not quite ready for Fall, or Halloween, but love this cat and fun dots on your festive Halloween card … it's scary how quickly the months fly during the second half of the year! Halloween will be here before we know it!
Such a sweet rose - is its scent as sweet?
=]

Carol L said...

I was about to skip making Halloween cards this year, but that cat punch put me right back into the mood! Love your take on that fun sketch and I love the text all over the cat! Fun inside sentiment too and that rose is just as dreamy as can be! I love that soft pastel color! I can almost sniff it :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute mix of patterns and images! This is so fun LeAnne! That's a pretty rose in your garden, I love the soft pale color!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, this is such a great use of the sketch!! Love a fun Halloween card. I really love your mix of patterns here, it's awesome and I LOVE the Halloween cat. Also that Summer Rose is gorgeous. Claire x