Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Comfort and Hope

Happy Wednesday, all!  I recently got the Comfort and Hope stamp after seeing it used on several cards in blogland....I am a sucker for all those little eclectic background-y images!  The Spot challenge had a very interesting color palette, and the TGIF challenge had a sketch challenge, so I combined the two for a sympathy card; they're nice to have on hand:


And here are the challenge prompts:


I gave a piece of Shimmery White cardstock a wash with some water and Cinnamon Cider ink to get started, then I stamped images from Comfort and Hope and Beautiful Autumn and fussy-cut them out


I stamped the sentiment with Blackberry Bliss and added some elements from the set behind it, also giving it a stitched scalloped border and a little bow with some retired Blackberry Bliss twine:


I love the font on this sentiment..I stamped it on the inside and stamped a little greenery behind it.


I thought the color combo would be odd but I really like it together, and it pushed me to use Blackberry Bliss, which I rarely use!  Thanks for popping in today!

Here is a little cheerful guy....eating some cotton candy at Cowtown Rodeo:


It's hard for me to look at that cotton candy....BLUE food, yuck! LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Autumn, Comfort and Hope
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White, Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Cinnamon Cider, Blackberry Bliss
 Ink Mint Macaron, Cinnamon Cider, Blackberry Bliss
Accessories Blackberry Bliss Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card with such pretty colors!

Kampin' Karen said...

This is such a pretty card. Blackberry Bliss is one of my faves but I haven't used it in a long time. Good luck in the challenges. Sawyer looks good in blue...matches his innocent eyes.

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Look at that little blue face, so adorable. I do really like the colours together. It really works
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the Blackberry Bliss, LeAnne - especially the wheat you've stamped with it!
A beautiful way to send condolences … and that inside sentiment! love it!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This lovely card is sure to bring comfort to the recipient! Wonderful colors LeAnne!

Jen Mitchell said...

So beautiful. I love how you used the colors for leaves, wheat, pine cones, and a basket-weave background. That’s talent!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is lovely - you nailed the watercolouring!! I'm with you on blue food - but that little chappie is so handsome he can be forgiven anytime!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

What a beautiful card design! I love how you used the colors in our color challenge! I forget to use shimmery white with watercolor and it is so pretty. Oh and that little face.. he was sure enjoying that cotton candy.. how adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Spot this week for our challenge!

Maheswari Rajaguru said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. I love it!