Sunday, August 2, 2020

PP502 Love and Laughter

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge with mother-of the groom Laurie as our hostess:


This one had me stumped a little bit, as we don't go to many weddings at our age, and my anniversary is in January, although I do have a niece and nephew that are still single....anyway, it's always good to have something lovey-dovey on hand!  So here we go:


I started with the Case This Sketch sketch for this week:


and the stamps I chose were the tree from the new upcoming set called Life is Beautiful, along with a sentiment from Forever Fern.  First, I stamped the tree in Cinnamon Cider on a Very Vanilla card base as well as a piece of Crumb Cake DSP:


The wee little tips of the outer branches extend beyond the DSP, so I wanted the whole tree to show.  I searched through some old Paper Pumpkin Valentine stamps and found some hearts, and stamped them in Real Red, Merry Merlot and Cherry Cobbler, then diecut a cardstock heart in each of the same colors for my accents.


The sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and diecut with a stitched die from Ornate Layers...such a versatile set!  I left the inside blank so I can add an appropriate sentiment when the occasion arises!

I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see the lovely creations the other designers made!

A few more birthday cards!

From Linda:


and Robyn:


and Martha:


From Wendy:


and from Colleen:


All so pretty!  Thanks ladies, I love them all!  And thank you for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Forever Fern, Life is Beautiful, Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake DSP
 Ink Cinnamon Cider, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Merry Merlot
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Outline Shapes Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

13 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Sorry I dont know how I managed to post that email address on my last post.

It is a fabulous anniversary card. I love the colours
Claire
Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Kampin' Karen said...

Yours is the first card I've seen that I really like using this set. You have received many wonderful birthday cards too. I especially like the bumblebee bear.

Ann Schach said...

What a sweet wedding card, LeAnne! I love Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler together! Like you, we rarely have weddings to attend any more. However, we definitely have anniversaries to celebrate, and your card would be an awesome anniversary card, too. I really need to think about this set!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this tree - just got mine in the mail! Sweet card!

laurie said...

Did I forget your birthday? I don't remember sending a card! I'm really losing it. But I do love your card...awesome tree!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little tree that is! Those hearts make it extra special!

Wendy said...

This is such a great card, LeAnne! I love how you stamped the tree right on the DSP! The added hearts and sentiment make this a favorite for a Fall wedding! So cute! :)

Stef Perry said...

That tree is a wonderful stamp and I absolutely adore the hearts hanging from it! Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake are a great color combo for your lovely wedding card. Love this!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

LeAnne - for someone who was "stumped" you sure knocked it out of the park! I love every sweet detail on your card!! :)

Allisa said...

Such a great card, love the woodgrain background.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This challenge had me stumped too but you nailed it with this set LeAnne - I didn't even think to use it! This is gorgeous - I love all the little heart detailing. Perfect! I think I might CASE for an engagement card - I have it on good authority that my niece might be announcing hers before too long!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card, Leanne! "Someone" may have convinced me to order this stamp set earlier this week and it just arrived today. The hearts are the perfect accent, especially against the woodgrain background.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so pretty! I love the wood grained background and the beautiful tree. The hearts are just perfect and I adore this sentiment! You have to be able to laugh! A perfect wedding or anniversary card!