Friday, October 4, 2019

TCC120 Country Cottage Sympathy


Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay, it finally feels like fall around here--what a beautiful day it is, cool and crisp!  Do you have some fun weekend plans?  I haven't quite decided yet to do, but I do have some cards to get ready for an upcoming stamp class, so I know I'll be working on that!  

The Card Concept had a wonderful photo inspiration challenge:


I love this cottage style, especially these colors, but when I sat down to stamp something, my ideas fell flat.  I finally ended up letting some beautiful Authentique papers do most of the work for my vintage shabby chic-style sympathy card:


My father's only sibling, his brother Dave, passed away in Florida yesterday.  He and my dad hadn't seen each other for many, many years, but in his last days, in his confusion, he wanted to see Jim.  So sad that he didn't get to see my dad before he passed away.  So this card is for my aunt and her two daughters, my cousins Nancy and Bonnie...we spent many, many hours together in childhood, growing up next to each other and camping at the Delaware beaches.  I loved this paper, but it is 6x6" and I wanted to capture both sides with the butterflies, so I cut the paper in half and covered the seam with another piece of polka dotted paper, diecut with a scalloped edge die, then added a pretty grosgrain ribbon for accent.  I diecut two panels from the Stitched Nested Labels dies and stamped a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Night of Navy on top:


My final accent was a vellum butterfly on which I dabbed some So Saffron ink, added a couple of pearls and swished it with a Wink of Stella for shine...it's very pretty!  Thanks for popping in today!

On a happier note, Wayne attended the Eastern Produce Conference yesterday--their theme was a tailgate party, which made my Philly-team-lover son-in-law happy (see his Eagles shirt?!).  While he was there, he met Vince Papale...he was a well-loved Eagles wide receiver, and was the inspiration for the 2006 movie Invincible:


He was a happy boy!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Subtles DSP, Vellum, Genuine DSP, Original DSP (both Authentique)
 Ink Night of Navy, So Saffron
Accessories So Saffron Grosgrain (ret), Pearl
Tools     Big Shot, Be Mine Dies,  Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Small Butterfly Punch (ret), Wink of Stella Pen

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love the paper and your vellum butterfly! This card is sure to comfort your uncles family in the days to come. So sorry for your loss. On a happy note, Wayne looks SO thrilled! How cool was that to meet an ex football player! Smiles all around! Happy Friday!

I Card Everyone said...

Incredibly clever of you to stretch that paper, LeAnne - it's darling and so is every other element of your card!
WOW what a memory your SIL has to cherish for the rest of his days - I may not be a football fan, but I was a big fan of that great movie/story!
My sympathies to you - and your Uncle's family.
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I love this card. When I was in school, I always HAD TO HAVE thin ruled paper...could not work with wide! I'm sure your family will be so appreciative of your craft and thoughtfulness. Wayne looks happier than an eagle in flight!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for your loss LeAnne. Your card is just lovely and your family will appreciate the love that went into it. Great idea to split the paper. WOW, Wayne must be over the moon!! How FUN!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is such a beautiful card and I am sure your family will love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Linda Callahan said...

This card is beautiful! I love its shabby chicness! So sorry about your uncle.......

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So sorry for your loss LeAnne - I hope this beautiful card will bring some comfort to your relatives. A clever use of design to maximise that stunning paper - just lovely.

Tracy Grauer said...

The card is beautiful! I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your card is beautiful LeAnne and how clever to stretch the gorgeous paper in this way.
I was talking to a friend only the other day about how sad it is that people wait for funerals to get together. But this is sad too, that your uncle was just too late to see his brother. I'm so sorry that you've lost him too. I'm sure your aunt and cousins will appreciate your card and I'm so pleased that you have such happy memories of growing up and camping with them at the beach. Sending hugs, x

Betty Wright said...

Wonderfully done, Lee Anne! Love the design and the vellum butterfly was the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous design!!! Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us here at the Card Concept!

Julie Gearinger said...

LeAnne, love the use of the papers along with your finishing touches- great job, sweet friend! So thrilled you were able to join us at The Card Concept and we would love for you to play along with us again soon! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

Marcie Sharp said...

Your card is beautiful and I'm sure it will bring comfort to your aunt and cousins. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept this week.