Friday, October 25, 2019

AYSI212 Shades of Blue


Hi peeps!  Happy Friday!  It's time for a 10-minute "Speed Stamping" challenge at As You See It!!  Those are always fun!  This week, it's Shades of Blue:

No photo description available.

As much as I love blue, you would think this would have been a really easy challenge for me....well, I made FOUR cards before I was happy with the final choice!  Most of my blues are less vibrant than the challenge photo, so I just embraced a few of them from my Authentique's Alpine collection:


I also used the FMS sketch:


I layered some of the lighter papers on a Very Vanilla cardbase, and trimmed off the little tab at the top of the paper where it meets the spine of the tablet, and used that for my sentiment, stamped in Pretty Peacock ink.  As an afterthought (which is what upped my time to 8 minutes and 14 seconds), I decided to diecut a snowflake in glimmer paper and back it with another piece of blue:


Can you speed stamp something in less than 10 minutes, in shades of blue?  If you can, share it with us at As You See It, and be sure to tell us your time!!  Can't wait to see what you create!   And just for fun, this was the original one I was going to post, but decided it wasn't quite "blue" enough...still pretty, but more teal than blue, using the same sketch:


 Thanks for stopping in today!

Cassidy got her brown belt this week!  (Sorry the photos aren't so good!)


We enjoyed watching it except for the sparring....I just hate seeing little kids "fight" with each other, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Love With All The Trimmings (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Sparkle Glimmer,  Alpine DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Pretty Peacock
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circle Dies, Snowflake Dies (Verve)


Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Warmth and Wonder (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Wonderland DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Banner Dies (Nestabilities)

6 comments:

Ela said...

Lovely cards, both of them. I think I even prefer the teal one a tiny bit. Love that Chrismas tree paper.

Hugs
Ela

Vicky Hayes said...

I love both your versions LeAnne - you have such beautiful papers! I LOVE the speed challenge and will definitely be joining in! Congratulations to Cassidy. She looks (quite rightly) very proud of herself :)
Vicky x

I Card Everyone said...

Well I for one think they are all beautiful blues - yes.. I know you know it's not my favorite color. But, since card making, you girls have all turned me around on that opinion!
Way to GO Miss C!!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards in all of those lovely shades of blue! CONGRATS to Cassidy!!

Jen Timko said...

Just look at Cassidy! How awesome!! And I love both of these cards. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these cards LeAnne - two great examples of how to combine blues to good effect and you know how much I love patterned papers! Perfect for super-quick and speedy cards.