Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Sympathy in Purple


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  No challenges today, just cleaning up some scraps on my desk to make them into finished projects!! I know you don't have any of those little bits and pieces hanging around, do you?  LOL!  This little cotton boll and thistle image from Reverse Confetti had been stamped and colored, but after seeing someone using the SU's Snowfall Accents Puff Paint on the Country Home image, I thought it would be fun to add it to this image as well!  So here we go: 


The puffy paint certainly makes the cotton bolls look real! I love this effect!


To complement the purple in the thistles, I added some Gorgeous Grape DSP and a couple of Crumb Cake accent pieces.


My second card was for my pastor and his family, since October is Pastor Appreciation month.  I recently got this stamp set from the Stamp Market, and when I saw this card from Silke, I knew I had to recreate it! 

I also got my color inspiration from the cover of the seasonal Close to My Heart catalog, LOL! 


I stamped another leaf and added this sentiment on the inside!



Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!



First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Flourishing Phrases, Cotton and Thistle (Reverse Confetti)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Gorgeous Grape DSP
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Snowfall Accents Puff Paint, Heat Tool, SU Blends

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lots of Leaves (Stamp Market), God is Good (Close to My Heart), Grateful Heart (Right at Home)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Night of Navy
 Ink Gray Granite, Cajun Craze, More Mustard (ret), 
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Wonky Stitched Dies (My Favorite Things)

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These are lovely LeAnne! I do like the purple and the puff paint does a great job of adding interest to those cotton balls for sure. The sentiment on the second card is so fitting, I’m sure your pastor will appreciate it and fun catty cover inspiration too! Love the photo of Cassidy - she is totally rocking the shorter bob in this photo!

Ela said...

Wonderfull cards, I love the fall colours, and also the purple on craft.
Love
Ela

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautifully created. Congrats on your Top 3 at TSOT for your red fox card!

Carol L said...

The sympathy card is beautiful, and the puff paint really does look like soft cotton! Love that design and the colors. The leaves on the 2nd card are so pretty too, very delicate and gracefully falling onto one another! A great way to showcase that big sentiment!

Bonnie said...

I love these cotton bolls that are so puffy and perfect! A brilliant use of puff paint, LeAnne! A lovely, lovely Fall card for your pastor too!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful cards, Leanne! I like the effect of the puffy paint. I, too, have too many bits and pieces lying around! It is starting to bother me so I think today is the day to deal with them! Lol!

Wendy said...

Both are beautiful cards, LeAnne! Love the first one with the fluffy cotton and purple flower! The Puff Paint worked nicely on that! Second card is just as beautiful with those pretty leaves but the sentiment steals the show! Love it! TFS and enjoy your day! :)
PS. Thank you for the adorable witch card! It certainly made me smile as I loved that card! Happy Halloween!

I Card Everyone said...

Perfectly puffy, LeAnne - and they really do bring those bolls to life!! Love the purple of your thistle, and the pretty DSP.
Gorgeous card for your pastor... a girl can never go wrong with these gorgeous leaves in her stash... wink, wink!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Two beautiful cards! Those purples are wonderful and I love those autumn leaves!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow beautiful cards from.bits and pieces!