Sunday, June 9, 2019

PP445 Follow Your Art


Hi all!  It's Sunday, and time for another Paper Players challenge!  Anne Marie has a fun, cheery color palette for us to use this week:


I hadn't used these "coloring implements" from the It Starts with Art set yet, and I was excited that they have a matching die, so I stamped them in Memento ink and went to work:


I had Blends in Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight, but I had to color the pencil with Granny Apple Green with ink and a blender pen; I still think it came out okay:


I used a piece of retired DSP from several years ago on which to stamp my sentiment, and added some buttons using the dies from the same set, along with a few sequins from my stash!  I also added a little lacy die at the bottom part of the panel.  It all went on a layer of Whisper White, embossed with a Jumbo Polka Dot EF:


These colors just make me happy--fresh and springy!  I hope you'll play along with them as well!  Be sure to check out what the DT did; you can see them all at the Paper Players blog!

We had a little art session with some sidewalk chalk before the bus came; I guess you could say they were following their own art:




It certainly makes the time waiting for the bus go by a lot more quickly!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps It Starts with Art
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green, DSP (I can't remember the name!)
 Ink Memento Black, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Sequins (Sylvia's Etsy Shop), Dimensionals, Perle Cotton
Tools     Big Shot, Arts and Crafts Dies, SU Blends, Blender Pen, Jumbo Polka Dot EF

10 comments:

laurie said...

Cute design! I like the different textures and the sentiment is great! Sidewalk chalk looks fun:)

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love those colors and the challenge this week! Such a fun card with all those crafty pens, buttons and embossing! The lacy die caught my eye....so pretty! Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun and happy card LeAnne! I've been struggling to use that set but you gave me some inspiration. Love the sidewalk art, too. They look like they were having a lot of fun! Thanks for rocking my colors this week, my friend! Hugs!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun artsy design and I'm loving the big embossed polka dots! I am trying to hard to use more embossing folders again and you've inspired me!

Linda Callahan said...

So happy and bright! I’m using this set for my FMS card this week too!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cheerful card Leanne! I like that little lacy border you added. The kiddos look like they're having fun1

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE this card! Those big polka dots are the best! the sentiment is perfect for all these supplies! This card makes me happy! Great way to use the colors! Looks like the girls are having a lot of fun! My grands love sidewalk chalk, but oh, what a mess! LOL! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these colours for your fun crafty card LeAnne - the sprinkling of paper flower buttons is so cute!

lichazul said...

cute cute cute card! :)
congrats LeAnn
hugs and bless for you and family

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! These challenge colors "pop" against the white. The polka dot paper is so cute!!! Love it!