Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Retro Rubber Challenge 105 Wish Big


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I hope you had a nice weekend....Monday sort of got away from me, but it's okay and I am back with our latest Retro Rubber sketch challenge!  Check it out:

No photo description available.

Yep, we are pairing with Try Stamping on Tuesday this week!  How fun is that?!  Be sure to check out what those talented stampers on their design team created!  They've used some of their well-loved "oldie" stamps too!

I am not quite sure why, but my last two RR challenge submissions have been cowboy-themed!!  What's up with that?!  I do like these types of cards for guys, so I guess that's my reasoning!  This card uses a set from 2010 called Out West...I am so glad I kept it!  Here we go:


I stamped my cowboy in Early Espresso ink on some burlap-printed paper from Authentique, diecut him with a stitched die and added a Poppy Parade scalloped mat; the sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts (2013) was stamped the same way:


I added three banners and adorned them with some enamel dots:

 

And on the inside of the Naturals White card, I stamped a birthday sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin set as well as some of the other elements from the Out West set:


Yee haw!  I had a lot of fun making this card and it's already out in the mail for its intended recipient!!  I hope you'll play along with our sketch this week...I just love sketches, don't you?  Be sure to use stamps that are at least one year old and tell us how old they are too!  Can't wait to see what you share at the RetroRubber blog!

I haven't shared a picture of Eden lately...here she is, just chillin' with her favorite pillow!  She's obviously on trend, it has SUCCULENTS on it, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps A Dozen Thoughts, Out West (both ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Poppy Parade, Frontier DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     BigShot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, Stamparatus

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is a fantastic masculine card! That paper might go good with Let It Ride too. I was picked at another challenge today too. Wow two in a row...that hasn't happened ever! Have a blessed day. Eden is a pretty girl.

barb mann said...

Very nice LeAnne! Thanks for the challenge tip. AMAZING - I actually entered this one!

Lisa Elton said...

The burlap is paper? Wow, it looks so real, what great texture it adds! This is a terrific masculine card LeAnne. You've reminded me of some PP I have with little cowboys all over it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the stamping on the burlap paper and pops of red - a real yee-haw of a card!

Krafty Kaylin said...

love this western style card. very cute. go ahead and link it up to the Try Stampin on Tuesday challenge post. Been lovely to see you work with our sketch.

lichazul said...

lovely card ! congrats
thank so mcuh for your comment in my blog
have a great day

Donna Scholz said...

Great guy card, LeAnne! Your use of the burlap background was inspired! It really gives a western feel on top of the more obvious western elements. Love the brown and red together, too. Especially liked the enamel dots on the "flags". Glad our two blogs could join up for this challenge! Come on back to TSOT anytime you need a sketch inspiration!!! -Donna

Heather said...

Wow! This is agreat western theme card - love that background paper, and the linen paper for your stamping - that looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!

Jan Clothier said...

There's a real Western rodeo vibe happening here, for which that amazing burlap paper is just perfect. I can't believe it's paper and not the real thing!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Awesome card LeAnne, the burlap pattern paper looks like the real thing, I thought it was, just fabulous!!
Love the pops of red of the enamel dots on the flags and the frame behind the Yee Haw Cowboy!!!
Great card teammie, I bet the recipient loved it.
XO

Diana Soling said...

WOW! I am loving this card! The background is so cool and I love how you stamped right on that burlap! Thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Claire Grantham said...

This card is amazing LeAnne, I love that burlap paper!! And your cowboy background paper, such a wonderfully themed masculine card. Also love seeing Eden. Cx