Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Two Baby Cards for CASCSC308


Hi everyone!  Hope your week is going by nicely!  I think we are finally out of this snowy, rainy, sleety wet weather we've been having!  Keeping my fingers crossed anyway!  

I needed two baby cards this week; one for a friend who welcomed a little boy into their family of two boys and four girls, and another for a friend who became a first-time grandmother, welcoming a little girl!  I used the CAS Colours and Sketches sketch for both of them:


So here we go:
 

My camera captured these colors a bit wonky; in real life, they match nicely!  I used the Be Mine framelits and a retired heart punch to create my trio of hearts, and I used two retired sets, PS:  I Love You for the Blushing Bride stamped heart, and Suite Sayings for the sentiment.  I added another little piece of MFT gingham to peek out under the scalloped bottom too!   I heat-embossed the sentiment on some vellum and tucked a little Powder Pink ribbon behind it to "peek" through:


I combined two sentiments to stamp the inside as well:


The boy card is the same, except I used Balmy Blue, some Marina Mist ribbon and I didn't add the scallop at the bottom.  I substituted some Gingham Gala sequins for the pearls!


I am also entering this in the Stamp Ink Paper challenge this week, which is vellum!


Happy that you popped it today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Cassidy made a "snow chair"...looks like she is definitely chillin'!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Bouquet, PS:  I Love You, Suite Sayings (both ret), Blessed (Technique Tuesday)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Vellum, Homespun Gingham (My Favorite Things)
 Ink Craft White, Blushing Bride, Balmy Blue
Accessories Pearls, Gala Gingham Sequins, Powder Pink Ribbon, Marina Mist Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Be Mine Framelits, Rectangle Stitched Framelits, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Large Heart Punch (ret)

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These are as sweet as can be! We have plenty of snow to make some chairs as well!

Dawn Tidd said...

Great duo of baby cards, LeAnne! I love the hearts and ribbon with the sentiment on vellum! I may be CASing the baby boy card! Cassidy looks chillin' (or cold to me) in that chair! ❄️☃

Carol L said...

The pastel colors and vellum sentiments make these cards incredibly adorable! I just love those die-cut hearts! Cassidy looks quite different in this photo compared to the daddy/daughter dance photos! She looks like a perfectly happy little girl in both worlds and I love that about her :) TFS

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute baby cards, love them both!

I Card Everyone said...

Adorable in any color, LeAnne! and that sentiment just tickles my fancy!!!
=]
[sorry, kiddo - if the prevailing west winds blow what we had yesterday your way? be prepared! ugh. Cassidy will be able to build the entire dining suite]

Kampin' Karen said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love the colors of Cassidy's snow suit.

Lorraine said...

Great cards. The colors are lovely together.

karen h said...

Sweet cards! Love the ribbon/vellum sentiment accent! And the tiny scallop border is a perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Cindy Major said...

That's adorable! I love how you used the hearts for a baby card. Love both color schemes, too!

Lisa Elton said...

These are just as soft and sweet as they can be! That Cassidy is a hoot, how fun is her chair!!

Jan Clothier said...

Simply gorgeous, LeAnne! It looks amazing in both colours.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these LeAnne - so pretty, especially the baby girl one with the stitched detail and gingham border. Perfect baby cards!

samantha's cards said...

Lovely cards, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Fiona Whitten said...

Love that you used the sketch to make the two colour ways. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.