Tuesday, November 6, 2018

RRCB99 Anything Goes Christmas

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for another Retro Rubber Challenge where we use stamps at least a year old!  Today it's "Anything Goes"!!

Image may contain: text

I thought the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch was fun:


And I had SO many ideas!  Ultimately, I went for Christmas because these My Favorite Things Christmas Seasonal Sentiments, that I have had for at least three or four years, have big, bold sentiments:


I paired them with some Poppy Stamps pine bough dies and a wonky-stitched mat, then added some red glimmer paper stars:


Fun and festive!  While I was at it, I stamped another one, same sentiment, but this time I used a Lawn Fawn stamp from 2013 called Peace Love Joy:


I stamped the little lights in Smoky Slate and colored them in with markers, then mounted it on a Real Red card base! You can't see it here, but I also added some Wink of Stella to the lights for fun!  Easy peasy, especially with my Stamparatus!

Come on and give those older stamps some love--you know you have lots of them!  Share your creation with us at Retro Rubber--be sure to read the guidelines--can't wait to see them!

After my confession of not liking to eat anything colored blue, two of my Paper Players teammates recommended a book for Cassidy to read called Droo; it's about an imaginary creature who can only eat blue things!  It was a challenge to find it, but ebay finally came through! It was quite charming and she read it it to her mommy as well as to me!




Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Seasonal Sentiments (My Favorite Things), Joy Peace Love (Lawn Fawn)
Card stock & Papers     Shaded Spruce, Whisper White, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Adhesive Sheets, Red Glimmer
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die (My Favorite Things, Pine Boughs Dies (Poppy Stamps), Star Die (Verve), Markers and Blends

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable holiday cards!

I Card Everyone said...

OH what fun it is to see your darling card in the CTS gallery, LeAnne! I love them both … thanks for playing!
I have a granddaughter named Drew ...wonder if she's read this one?
=]

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect Christmas pair LeAnne! One traditional and one festive. Both delightful cards!

Jan Clothier said...

I love both your cards too. Number one is definitely safe from the Droo but not the Gled. I love that crisp clean look in number i - lots of white, strong colour and the wonky stitching is perfect. Has Cassidy read The Wonky Donkey?

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these cards LeAnne - both great for the sketch! Hoping to get one up using it too before it closes, but I'm so last minute!!

Neva Cole said...

What a great CAS card! I love this die, wonky stitched die, it is on my wish list for my birthday. These cards went together quickly I am guessing at that is always a bonus, especially when they are so stunning!

Aimeslee Winans said...

LeAnne you are a genius what you did with that sketch, xoxo

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne, that wonky stitched die always looks awesome on cards, especially framing this awesome greenery and fabulous sentiment, love the glittery stars, what a sweet detail.
Beautiful card teammate.
XO

Claire Grantham said...

OMG I have that book!!! I love it, my mother was a Children's Librarian when I was growing up and my love of Children's books has never faded. Love your main card, that big bold sentiment is right up my street. Great way to use the sketch and combine both challenges LeAnn. Cx