Friday, November 16, 2018

AYSI189 Happy Thanksgiving

Hi everyone!  Yay, it's Friday and the weekend is upon us!  Looking forward to it!  The As You See It challenge for this week is a fabby sketch:

No automatic alt text available.

What a great layout...terrific for using up little bits of DSP, right?!  I still need a few Thanksgiving cards, so I pulled out some DSP with fall colors and images, along with a new Spellbinders die I got recently:


I made my card 3 1/4" by 5 1/2"; it still fits in a standard envelope, but I could have my little acorn cap pop up above the fold!  All the papers are from Echo Park's Fall Is In The Air 6x6 pad, from which I chose four coordinating patterns for the background.  Then the acorn was diecut from two more different pieces, and I backed the cap with some So Saffron for better definition.  I added a stamped "happy" and the Thanksgiving was diecut from Old Olive cardstock:


I added a piece of Mossy Meadow twine on the stem, a little diecut leaf in Cajun Craze, then stamped a sentiment from Technique Tuesday on the inside, and added a little stamped leaf and a big diecut ampersand:


This sketch just makes me happy and I know I'll be using it again soon!  I hope you'll check out what the DT created, and be sure to share your creation with us as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

We got our first snowfall yesterday and I had filled the feeders a couple days before, so we got lots of finches and sparrows!  With taking the tree down in our backyard over the summer, my birds had no cover and didn't come around at all!  I put the feeder in a different spot and they are returning!  I think this is a house finch and some sort of sparrow:


Another sparrow, taking cover under the patio chair; maybe a white-throated:


and this duo, perched in the gutter, surveying it all:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Christmas to All ("happy"),So Blessed (Technique Tuesday)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Fall is in the Air DSP (Echo Park), Adhesive Sheets, Early Espresso, So Saffron
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Mossy Meadow Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, October and November Small Dies of the Month (Spellbinders), Blends, Stitched Leaf Die (Lil'Inker)

3 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and mix of patterns. Love your snowy bird pics, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your mix of fall patterns and colors! That acorn is fantastic....can't wait to use what you sent me ~ thanks!!

Kim S said...

I'm glad you got your dies!! LOVE your mix of fall patterns and colors!