Thursday, November 29, 2018

IB49 Retro Santa

Hi stampers!  I have been fighting a cold or something for the last couple of weeks and I think it got the better of me....so this will be quick!  Laurel has a fabulous retro Inspired By for us today...my mind was whirling with possibilities when I saw it.  Sadly, I just wasn't up to being too creative so my card is pretty simple:


And here is her cute photo prompt:


My Santa is from a retired Artistic Outpost set called Frosty and Friends; I stamped him in Real Red, then gave him a wee bit of color with some Blends:


His nose looks sort of how mine feels, LOL!  I matted him in Glorious Green and gave him some holly berries just like on the DSP I used for the other layer!  Red Glimmer Paper made a wonderful diecut sentiment using the Merry Christmas Thinlets, along with a sentiment from Merry Christmas to All:


The layout I used is the FMS sketch for this week:

and finally, a sweet little sentiment from Papertrey for the inside:


I have a lot of digital images that I could have used for this challenge, and I'll bet you have some fun things you could use as well! I just need a few more hours in my day!  Hope to see you in the gallery!

Getting ready to prank Mommy with a fake egg!  Silly girl!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Christmas to All, Frosty and Friends (Artistic Outpost), Holiday Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Card stock & Papers     Adhesive Sheets, Whisper White, Real Red, Mint Macaron, Glorious Green, Real Red Glimmer,  Presents and Pinecones DSP(ret)
 Ink Real Red, Call Me Clover
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Merry Christmas Thinlets, 1/8" Hole Punch, Mint Macaron Marker, SU Blends, Quilt Builder Framelits

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

So sorry you are under the weather. Hope and pray it passes quickly and that Cassidy and others don't catch it. That egg looks so real! Cute nostalgic card!

JoAnn said...

So sorry you are under the weather LeAnne. I pray it passes quickly for you. Love your pretty card.
Cassidy looks like she will have fun with that fake egg.

Julia Aston said...

Hope you feel better soon LeAnne! Lots of colds going around - tis the season I guess! What a wonderful vintage Santa - love all the holly and the bright red/green colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh no, being sick is no fun, feel better soon LeAnne. I just made a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup, wish I could deliver it to you! Now about this card. You say simple, I say simply marvelous!

Jen Brum said...

Great card LeAnne! I love the traditional red and green colours! The sparkly sentiment is perfect! Love the jolly Santa too! Hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a wonderful retro Santa......that’s what he looked like when I was a kid.....lol.....