Saturday, November 24, 2018

CAS Santa

Happy Saturday, peeps!  It's a dreary day here; I took a walk and now I am doing some stamping!  I am squeaking in my one-layer CAS Santa card for two challenges:

CAS Christmas wants Santa


and Less Is More wants a holiday one-layer card!

My card is 4 1/4" square; I stamped a Santa on it, made a Post-it note mask to cover him up, then cut a square reverse mask so I could stamp the burlap as a background:


I used the Stamparatus to get a good image!  Then I stamped the sentiment beneath it and my little Santa was done!


Now off to stamp some more!  

A little Thanksgiving cousin interaction:


Have a pleasant day and be blessed!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge too!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Burlap, Love with All the Trimmings (CTMH), Santa Claus (CTMH ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White
 Ink Real Red, Soft Suede
Accessories Stamparatus
Tools    

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Love your OLC LeAnne, that's a great burlap background for your adorable Santa. The red and brown are a prefect colour combo. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like Santa is jumping for joy, must be Dec. 26th ~ haha!! This is a cute one layer card LeAnne. Cute cousins too ;)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such a fun one-layer Santa card, LeAnne! The happy little Santa makes me smile. You did a great job of masking. I love the color combo and the burlap background. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Fun and adorable Santa card, LeAnne. Great use of masking and reverse masking to create depth and keep it one layer. The burlap background is unique for Christmas cards. It highlights Santa nicely. Thank you for joining in at CAS Christmas and Less is More challenges. x

Bonnie said...

What a fun Santa, LeAnne! He looks like he's jumping for joy! Love the burlap and how you've double masked on the card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Sweet card LeAnne! Your Santa is so fun ... looks like he's jumping for joy! :) Great techniques to keep your card one layer. The burlap stamping is so cool! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is lovely LeAnne - the masking and burlap add lots of interest to your one layer card. Bravo!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this card, LeAnne! The masking and the burlap are perfect! XXX

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fun, cheery and brilliantly CAS festive make. Love your jumping santa stamp - he made me chuckle! thanks for joining us at Less is More x