Monday, August 27, 2018

Thanks a Bunch for CAS on Sunday 140

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend, we sure did!  It is the first day of school today...third grade, how did that happen?  Plus I am having a Christmas card stamp camp tonight, so this will be short and sweet!  I had been thinking that I needed to use some of the new purple hues that SU introduced, and when I saw Annie's card here for the Paper Players yesterday, I was inspired....not to make a purple octopus, but just some purple flowers!  So here we go:


I used the CAS On Sunday (or is it Friday?)sketch:


I don't have any DSP in purples, so I began by stamping my horizontal panel with floral images from Beautiful Bouquet in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green, randomly stamping them to create my own DSP:


I stamped a sentiment on the Thick White Cardstock card front, then embossed it with the Subtle EF:


Finally, I stamped a spray of wee little flowers, accented by a larger one, and diecut it with a Stitched Shapes oval framelit, extended the stem:


I added a tiny mat of Granny Apple Green and a green center to my big flower!  I think these colors are very pretty together!  Thanks for popping in today!

Here is the second card that Cassidy made over the weekend; this is for her best friend/neighbor, Lee.  Their birthdays are only about a week apart, and I get the feeling she understands what 8-year-old boys like....trucks and bulldozers!  She used I Dig You, doing some layering and coloring with markers:


And when I told her the dirt pile looked like a pile of something else, she giggled and said "Yes, I KNOW!"....as I said, she is 8 too, LOL!


KIDS!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beautiful Bouquet, Many Blessings (tiny little dots)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Granny Apple Green
 Ink Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape
Accessories Enamel Glimmer Dot (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Subtle EF

4 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love, love, love your CAS card. What a great job you did making your own DSP. That is so fun to do. Cassidy is doing a wonderful job on her cards. Hope she sticks with it. You are a blessing.

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty card. You did a great job making your own DSP.
Cassidy is a great little artist, learning lots from your grandma!

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful card LeAnne! I like the fresh green with the pretty purples! Cassidy is doing a wonderful job with her cards! But that dirt pile does appear to be...steaming LOL!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful stamping in the shade of purple! And Miss C has inherited your knack for stamping images as well....love it!