Thursday, August 9, 2018

IB32 Cool Treats

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I hope you're having a good week so far...it's been hot here, but perfect weather for the pool!!  Thank goodness for generous neighbors who let us come swim in theirs, LOL!  Today's Inspired By challenge is a cool one too; here's my interpretation:


And here's Laurel's prompt:


Now, I've never had Jersey Jack's gelato (which you can't even get in New Jersey; it's from Australia!), but you can be sure I have had LOTS of regular old ice cream...in fact, this cone would be my idea of heaven!! I worked at an ice cream shop in high school and all my coworkers warned me that I would be sick of ice cream by the time I quit....nope, not me!  I love it!  This image from Unity Stamps was a lot of fun to stamp and color in with my blends!  I mounted it on a piece of gingham, diecut with a MFT Wonky Stitched die, and topped it with a little Real Red Glimmer paper cherry!  We've got pistachio, chocolate marshmallow, black raspberry, orange sherbet, lemon, mint chocolate chip and mango!  Yum!



I made a little tag with a Tags and Labels die after stamping a sentiment from a retired SU set called Sweet Stuff; I embossed it with white embossing powder and filled in the letters with a  little chalk pen:


The Powder Pink card base was embossed with the Tufted embossing folder...it sort of looks like an ice cream cone, doesn't it?!  Yum!  I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week...it's a sweet one!  Thanks for popping in!

Our niece's inlaws have a farm not far from our house and we get our eggs there.  Cassidy makes a beeline to the calf barn where about (honestly) thirty to forty cats make their home as well!  It's hard to see, but under the tree to the right are about six or seven just chillin' in the shade!


Inside, she latches on to one...she knows I always say "no" when she asks to take one home, but she can come play with them any time!  Check out the little one peeking out from behind the trash can:


And here's a pair peeking out from the bushes....they have black and white ones and a couple of Siamese as well!


I am 99% sure there are NO mice on this farm, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sweet Stuff (ret), All Smiles (Unity)
Card stock & Papers     Powder Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red Glimmer, Homespun Gingham, (My Favorite Things)
 Ink Memento Black, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tag & Label Dies (ret), Tufted EF, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Chalk Pen, Blends, 1/4" Hole Punch, Wonky Stitched Dies (My Favorite Things)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love your card [almost] as much as ice cream, LeAnne - such a fan! The best I ever had was in Philadelphia as a matter of fact: honeydew melon gelato to be more correct!
I'd take a scoop of every one of your choice of flavors, please! and a kitten to boot!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

What a "yummy" looking card! It's so fun with all those scoops of ice cream on there! The tufted background is perfect with it too and reminds me of strawberry ice cream! Yikes all those cats! Oh, my!

Doris said...

I can understand how Cassidy would want one (or more) of those adorable kittens! It's unusual for barn cats to be that friendly. There is a farm down the road from here with about 30 or more of them, and they are very aloof. Cassidy must be a cat whisperer!

Lisa Elton said...

I knew you were my kind of gal, I love ice-cream too!! Love your stacked up cones. Now that's a lot of cats!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Delicious! And I love that he embossing folder! If I were Cassidy I would head to that barn too.....fun!

JoAnn said...

Such a sweet card. Love your flavored ice cream cone. :) The pink tufted background is lovely too.