Tuesday, August 14, 2018

RRCB93 Tic Tac Toe Smile


Hi everyone!  Tuesday brings us another Retro Rubber challenge!!!  This week it's a tic-tac-toe!   I let my paper do most of the work today:


And here's our grid:

No automatic alt text available.

I chose the left column down:  Die cut, stripes and birds!  The designer paper I chose had stripes and birds on it already, and I love the patterns!  I then die cut a little striped tag from some matching papers and stamped the words from an old Project Life set (So You, 2015) on it, then colored in the "smile" portion with a Blend.  It sort of got lost against the busy patterned paper, so I backed it with a black banner!  The little birds were diecut from a piece of wood paper gifted to me by my friend Michele; they work perfectly with the wood pattern on the paper!



I added an embellishment, a little twine and rounded the corner of the card and it was done!  

I hope you'll play along with us and give your older stamps some love!  Remember, they need to be at least a year old, and you must tell us the age of them!  Hope to see you in the gallery at Retro Rubber!

Cassidy's been camping all weekend, so I have to share some photos from around my neck of the woods:

Some pretty clouds I saw on my walk one day:


and a beautiful sunrise:


A sunflower from my neighbor's yard and a rose from the egg farm:


And not one, but two double-yolked eggs from the farm....my friend Kathy must have a chicken that has a tendency to lay doubles!


And I thought you would like to see my boots after picking beans last night....this was after one downpour early in the morning, and I finished just before it rained AGAIN!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps So You (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Wood (from my stash), Be Amazing DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Basic Black
Accessories Faceted Embellishment, Twine, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Chirping Birds Dies, Greeting Tags Dies (both PoppyStamps), Pool Party Blend

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific use of the patterned paper LeAnne! I know you're tired of all the rain, but we sure could use some. It gets dark and rumbles to the south or north of us then blows on by. The lawns are getting crunchy!

Jan Clothier said...

What a great way to use paper and it would be a great way to use all those little bits you end up with at the end of a packet of papers. They certainly suit this challenge and I love the little wood grain birds on your tag.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, I love that gorgeous DSP, how clever to use it as the stripes part of the challenge line you chose, love the sweet little birds you added to your tag, so adorable.
I know to much of a good thing can be bad but I also wish we could get a bit more rain up here, my flower beds are doing fine because I water them but my grass is just like Lisa's crunchy and sad. Big Hugs,
Maria.

Claire Grantham said...

Same row twinsies LeAnn, but so different, I love that pretty paper and the cute tag with the twine birdies is lovely. I LOL at your boots, that is one muddy bean patch! I love beans..I miss having a garden. Claire x