Saturday, July 10, 2010

FTL 98 Christmas

DSCF8566

If we think about snow, maybe it will cool us off?  My kitchen is sweltering from the baking I’ve been doing, but I just ran out of flour, so during my reprieve before I hit the grocery, I made my weekly Christmas card using the Fall to Layout #98:

FTL98

Anyone who knows me knows I love things in threes!!  This sketch made me happy (I have some more ideas for this one, too) so I quickly made my card using the snowflake from Christmas Post and some Cherry Cobbler ink:

DSCF8564

The bottom panel is Riding Hood Red, wheeled with the Cornelli Lace jumbo wheel, then embossed with the Finial Press EF.  The sentiment from Short & Sweet is layered on an oval that has been sprinkled with DD glitter for a “marquis” effect:

DSCF8565

Okay, I am off to dodge the raindrops (YAY!) and hit the store! 

  • Stamps:  Christmas Post, Short & Sweet, Cornelli Lace wheel
  • Paper:  WW, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
  • Acc:  Oval Punches, Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, DD Glitter

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Beautiful. Who knew those two red colors would go together so well.

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous! I, too, love this sketch and can't wait to use it. Great color combo here and the marquis effect is simply DAZZLING!

Kim said...

Elements in 3's do work great! I was hoping to kreate a wintery card too, to try and cool off ;) Yeah for rain today, finally!! Great card LeAnne!!

Shelley said...

Silly girl! What are you baking that you ran out of flour? Must be a lot of something!

The card is just wonderful. Even with the CAS layout you've managed to put in some yummy elements! Love you idea of the glittered oval! Embossing, too! I have been contemplating that Cornelli wheel since it came out last catalog. It looks meander stitching on a quilt!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job! Love the red.

Harriet Skelly said...

Great job with the FTL LeAnne. This is a beautiful Christmas card! thanks for playing with us at the CAS blog!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, raindrops - yay! Boy did we need that!
And of the card....I feel a CASE coming on!!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the way you inked up the lower half of the card and then embossed it. A truly beautiful card.
One I have to CASE for Christmas.
thank you for inspiring us
hugs
jayde

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beau-tee-ful!!! LOVE the glitter behind the oval... neat touch!