Saturday, July 19, 2008

Retirement Party

I had a little open house last night to say "good bye" to the retiring Stampin'Up! sets.  I think everyone enjoyed themselves; I know I had a great time.  My husband asked me if I had fun because I was making so much noise laughing!  We made two easy cards using retiring sets:

Open House Card 1 This card used Peaceful Wishes and Sahara Sand, Naturals White, Handsome Hunter & Real Red cardstock.   The pinecone was glittery, although you probably can't see it here.

 

 

 

Open House Card 2 This card was a simple easy birthday card, great for a guy.  It used Polka Dots & Paisley, Little Pieces, Amazing to Zany and All Through the Year, along with Purely Pomegranate & Blue Bayou cardstock, both retiring In Colors. 

 

 

 

 

 

I gave away some door prizes,  had a stamp sale of some older retired sets, and we all ate some goodies! 

Door Prize 1 Open House

Open House Door Prize 2

The prize on the left side is a cinnamon container, decorated and filled with chocolate; the Bag in a Box had some SU goodies in it.  Some of the girls wanted the recipe for my Cupcakes with Cream Cheese, which has never let me down when I needed a yummy treat. So here it is:

Cupcakes with Cream Cheese

Mix together and set aside:

  • 4 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • Dash salt
  • 3 oz. mini chocolate chips (you can use regular, I just like the minis!)

Blend together the batter:

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg yolk

The batter will be runny.  Put cupcake papers in muffin tins and pour batter into papers. Drop a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each cupcake.  Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.  This will make 16-18 cupcakes.  The recipe says they are moist and don't need icing!  I agree!  This recipe is from Tole World, April 1983.

Hopefully the afternoon will let me stamp a bit--I have some sewing and alterations to do, then we'll see!  Have a great Saturday!
LeAnne

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fab cards and door prizes, LeAnne! I love the cinnamon bottle! The cupcake recipe sounds scrumptious, too! I never make cupcakes because they never turn out well and I hate to frost them, so this may be the recipe for me!

Denise Marzec said...

Hey, the louder you are at a stamping get-together, defintely the more fun you're having. Sounds like a blast! Thanks for the recipes too!!

Pamela Smerker said...

OH these are the best cupcakes EVER! I have always called them "black bottom" cupcakes, no matter...they are totally awesome!! I should make some this weekend just because. Your cards and door prizes looked great!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card idea's for your retiring party! And the door prizes were awesome too! I loved them both! :)
Your cupcake recipe sounds yummmy! Yes, I remember them being called Black Bottom or Cream Cheese Cupcakes. They are really good! :)

Thanks for sharing!

craftsbyjodi said...

I love the little door prizes!!! They are so cute!!! I won't make the cupcakes as I'm trying to be good but it may to tempting.