Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Box in a Bag

Tote Bag 1

This cute little bag has been making its appearance on many a blog, so when I saw it again on Renee's, I decided to finally give it a try!  Her posting is from July 9 and she also has a link to a tutorial.  I found mine at Diana Gibbs' blog, so that is the one I used.  I realized when I made my first one, I used exactly the same paper as hers!!  So I kind of threw another one together today; this is  a little shorter in height because I used a scrap piece of DP that I had in my stash.  I did not scallop the bottom edge, but stamped some of the elements from Wanted, added some ribbon & buckle from HPH, and tied it with the same ribbon.  (In this light, I guess that ribbon doesn't match very well!  Oh well!)  I did not add any embellishments to the front of the bag since the DP's design was centered so nicely!  Gee, how did that happen?  I can see where there could be lots & lots of possibilities for these little bags!  This one will be a door prize at my upcoming Retirement Stampin'Up!  party!  I guess I should put something inside though! LOL!  My next one will be a little more embellished--that is the fun part, don't you think!?  It is quite easy, why don't you give it a try?  Thanks for visiting....remember that tomorrow is COLOR THROWDOWN CHALLENGE Wednesday!  Stop back! 

  • Stamps:  Wanted
  • Paper:  Western Sky DP, Creamy Caramel
  • Ink:  Creamy Caramel
  • Acc:  Sticky Strip, Grosgrain ribbon, Tab Punch, round punch, Glue Dots

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is GREAT, LeAnne, SUPER!

Kisa Peters said...

LeAnne!!!! This is sooo stinkin cute! I'm so going to have to check out that tutorial and give this a try! I LOVE it!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh LeAnne!!! Super duper cute! Oh, and I finally answered your tag from last month. Better late than never -LOL! Hugs,

Kim Gasper said...

So cute! I haven't tried one of these yet. Oh, and I love your new picture! I just noticed it...maybe it's been there awhile.

Anonymous said...

Awesome bag!! I've seen these over on Diana Gibbs blog as well and saved the instructions...just haven't had time to get'r done! Yours looks fabulous, LeAnne! TFS I really love it! :)

Wendy

Kim said...

OMG...tooooooo cute! This is the first one I have seen and I love it! Also, love your new picture!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Aren't these so fun to make?!?!?! I did this in a demo at the store, and have to constantly keep making copies of the instructions to hand out! I love the colors you used on this! Gorgeous!