Monday, November 15, 2021

MTCC41 Tis The Season

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend! Brrr, it was a chilly, wet one!  While I was playing with my Soft Succulent papers and ink last week, I came across a scrap piece of Painted Christmas DSP that had the same hues, so I went to work, using some new stamps I had gotten a while ago and never got inky!  Here we go:


I began with the sketch from Make The Cards challenge:

After adding a white mat to the DSP, I scalloped the bottom front of the card, then added the circular element and the ice skate image, which I filled with greenery and candy canes.  The stamps and dies are from Avery Elle.  The sentiment is from Christmas to Remember.  I added a strip of Real Red to the bottom inside so the scallop would stand out a bit better:


I found this sentiment in a set my friend gave me after she de-stashed her stamp collection, and it fit perfectly in an Ornate Frame die!  Love it!


I am also entering this at the Krafty Chicks, because it's Christmas week!  Thanks for popping in today!
Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas to Remember, Holiday Skates (Avery Elle)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Soft Succulent, Painted Christmas DSP
 Ink Real Red, Gray Granite, Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals, White Gems from my Stash
Tools     Big Shot, Ornate Frames Dies, Scalloped So Sweetly Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Holiday Skates Dies (Avery Elle), Smoky Slate Blends, Real Red Blends, Zig Painty Pen (ret)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

A beautiful card inside & out! Love this, LeAnne! The paper, colors and sentiments are perfect for this sketch! It remonds me of an old fashioned Christmas card! Love this! It sure was a cold & rainy weekend, burrrrr! Stay warm!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card! Jo x

laurie said...

So festive! And fun to use up scraps especially for such a beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that Soft succulent color and your painted Christmas is so beautiful, LeAnne!
Perfect use for any ice skate that I've ever owned! lol
=]

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful holiday card, I love that ice skate image and the red just pops so nicely with that shade of green. Thanks for playing along at Make the Cards Challenge!

Julia Aston said...

Love the green and red LeAnne! and wonderful images to fit the sketch! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the colors, this is pretty! The red laces on the skate really stood out to me, such a fabulous detail!

Anonymous said...

This is the first card I have seen with a skate that I really liked. Everything just fits. I love your use of colors. Beautiful card.

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful card, the colors just speak peace together. I plan to enter at the Make the Cards blog (never heard of it before) but seems like a good challenge group...so thanks!

Linda Callahan said...

This is just the sweetest! I loved ice skating as a kid!